Home » Audio » Craftsmen » Finally Happy With DIY TT
Finally Happy With DIY TT [message #73802] Wed, 12 September 2012 22:49 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
index.php?t=getfile&id=854&private=0index.php?t=getfile&id=855&private=0
Hi Everyone, It has been a long fight. For a while I thought that the router, saw and paint were going to win...but I beat them into submission. It took two sets of materials, several coats of paint and subsequent removal of it and redo the paint to get what I liked. The Plinth is made of two cross laminated boards that were themselves laminated 4 inch wide strips. So it is rigid and should be resistant to warping. The arm board is of high density particle board. Motive power is by a Dual 701 direct drive assembly. The arm is an Origin Live Alliance ( a knife edge variant of some of their other arms). The cartridge is a Dynavector 10X5 with a Soundsmith ruby cantilever. The paint is BTW "sand paint" and is textured. I covered it with two clear coats of acrylic. The feet were salvaged from a junk TT. It works great and with a weight of nearly 30 pounds is immune to nearly any sort of vibration.

Good Listening
Bruce

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 2pi build question
Next Topic: Anyone making DIY Cables?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 15:31:59 CDT 2024