Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
392 Search Results Found
1 Forum: General «» Posted on: Wed, 20 June 2012 07:47 «» By: audioaudio90
Re: Standing waves
While this is mechanical rather than audio, the collapse of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge is a famous example of how standing waves and resonance can be destructive.
2 Forum: General «» Posted on: Tue, 19 June 2012 07:58 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Standing waves
From Physics.info: Standing Waves
3 Forum: General «» Posted on: Tue, 19 June 2012 00:39 «» By: FloydV
Standing waves
I know that standing waves are undesirable, but I don't really know what they are. Would someone bring me up to speed? Floyd
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 02 June 2012 10:30 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4 Pi Design Questions
The measurement above 200Hz is pretty much the same as a standard four π loudspeaker when measured in this manner. And yes, frankly, that's a very good chart. But below 200Hz, it's ambiguous because only room modes can be seen. That's where you would ...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 08 May 2012 15:50 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4pi vs 3pi plans
Sorry, I wouldn't suggest modifying the plans. The internal standing waves line up in specific locations and it is impotnat that a pressure node not be on the driver or port. Smaller cabinets can be tweaked without much worry because the standing waves...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 08 May 2012 12:58 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: The right waveguide
I agree with Chano, surrounds speakers are best with wide patterns, and so as much as I like waveguides, I would not use them for surrounds. Beyond that, the SEOS devices are prone to standing wave modes in the passband, which is not something I would...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 07 May 2012 12:15 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4Pi speaker tweek
I talked to Nick while he was contemplating this build. I told him the same thing I tell everyone that approaches me with a mod like this. First, if you change the physical relationship between midwoofer and tweeter, the crossover has to be redesigne...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 02 May 2012 15:13 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: It's worse than that!
With respect to internal standing waves, I don't care whether the speaker is turned sideways with the narrow dimension being used as the face. The standing waves will line up the same. The port is going to be on the narrow side though, and I would prob...
9 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Wed, 11 April 2012 19:26 «» By: colinhester
Re: Ceiling?
I would put some type of treatment at first reflection point. Also, if I recall correctly, slow turning ceiling fans were used in studios to break up standing waves.....
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 11 April 2012 13:34 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3pi Woofer / Horn Vertical Spacing
Look at the response charts: three π loudspeaker performance dataYou'll notice the vertical nulls are centered at approximately 35° above and 25° below the centerline. That's a 60° spread. Even the spacing between the inside edges of the nulls is furt...
Pages (40): [ «    5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20    »]

Current Time: Fri May 03 12:53:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio