Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
392 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 03 October 2012 13:14 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4 PI by Andy
I'm not able to see some of your pictures. Looks like they're uploaded to a private area on the internet somewhere that you can see (probably because you're logged in) but the rest of us cannot see. I suggest uploading them as an attachment here, to ma...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 24 September 2012 14:06 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Six Pi Review
As an aside, measurements made in a trihedral corner outdoors naturally do not show room modes, the response down low is ruler-flat. But indoors, room modes take over and make hot spots and dead spots, causing ripples in response. I'm sure in your case...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 31 August 2012 18:28 «» By: Wayne Parham
Cabinet design, port placement and internal standing waves
There are three things that come into play with the cabinet geometry and the arrangement of the woofer and port(s). First is the Helmholtz frequency, which is something pretty much all DIYers think about. When you run a T/S simulation, this is primar...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 07 August 2012 14:17 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3 Pi and 4 Pi comparison
As I said earlier, I can sure understand your desire to re-use your original 1950s cabinets. I would probably do the same thing. But please do remember what I said about standing waves, if sound quality is important to you. Because it isn't really a...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 07 August 2012 10:36 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3 Pi and 4 Pi comparison
Well, the three π loudspeaker does offer greater extension. I think if I weren't planning to use a sub, I'd go with that. It sounds good without a sub, but please be mindful that flanking subs smooth room modes. That's even more important than the ext...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 21 July 2012 11:03 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Pi7 Mid Horn Question's
I'd bet a month's pay that your anomaly at 80Hz is from standing waves in the room, or more likely from a reflection from the wall behind the speakers. They are similar issues, both self-interference from room boundaries. Those kinds of issues are rea...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 09 July 2012 08:08 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Pi 3 subwoofer
Subs are pretty easy to design, really. They don't have to run midrange frequencies, so there are no standing waves inside because the box is acoustically small. So you can expect the box modeling software to be accurate. I like to use an alignment ...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 25 June 2012 18:12 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4 Pi Design Questions
I think Nick's build is pretty much the same as a standard four π loudspeaker above 100Hz. I was initially concerned that his box might have introduced anomalies in the lower midrange. But his measurements tell me that his box is ripple-free in the low...
9 Forum: General «» Posted on: Sat, 23 June 2012 01:29 «» By: FloydV
Re: Standing waves
Bruce, Can I have a copy? It would help me gain a simple understanding of what the variables are. Floyd
10 Forum: General «» Posted on: Thu, 21 June 2012 13:22 «» By: gofar99
Re: Standing waves
Hi, There is a free fairly simple XL spread sheet available to use to calculate the nulls and peaks in a room. I have used it a number of times to avoid disastrous placement of speakers. If you will PM me with an email address I can send you a copy. I...
Pages (40): [ «    4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19    »]

Current Time: Fri May 03 13:46:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio