Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
142 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 20 October 2010 10:04 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4pi
Vented, definitely. It uses an overdamped alignment that gives you a nice gradual rolloff, smooth and easy to match with subs. You get a little more extension too, making more blending region for better smoothing using the multisub approach. One thi...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 31 August 2010 17:08 «» By: Wayne Parham
In-wall flush mounting
All of my speakers respond well to this kind of placement. They are all designed to be used in quarter-space or eighth-space, and I don't use baffle step compensation filters. My thinking has always been that the baffles are rather large, so the transi...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 21 August 2010 10:08 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 2-Pi Tower floorbounce
Oh, yes, you'll see it in measurements. If you lay the speaker on it's side, the notch is gone because the midwoofer is closer to the ground, shifting the self-interference notch up in frequency. Of course, you see anomolies at higher frequency when yo...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 18 July 2010 03:19 «» By: Infrasonic
Re: Pi 4.5 possible?
Hi, Wayne. I was originally going to build the Pi4 as is as my next DIY project. These would replace my current left, center and right speakers. I also run a twin vented 18" subwoofer system with two more 18" drivers in storage. I plan to ...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 17 July 2010 08:24 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Pi 4.5 possible?
We've discussed this approach several times, and I think it's a good idea but I think the multisub approach is even better. Of course, you can employ both approaches but if you have to chose one, I'd go multisubs. Take those "helper" woofers ...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 27 June 2010 02:42 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: four π, seven π, multisubs
Multisubs improve the sound of any system, regardless of the quality of the mains. I would rather have four π speakers with multisubs than seven π speakers without. Of course, I'd rather have seven π speakers with multisubs, given the right room layout...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 15 June 2010 14:27 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4Pi crossover issue
Smooth bottoms is what really drove the decision against plate-through holes on the crossover boards. Even if you cut off the sharp edges when removing the leads from soldered components, you'd still have the thickness of the solder joints which wou...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 20 May 2010 18:02 «» By: PaulW
Re: Pi 7 and pi 6
Hi Dom - given that you are already using a large pair of Tannoy's I would expect any bass issues to be the same as you currently are experiencing! As for me, going back over the whole process, the bass problems were more than just room based. The ...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 15 May 2010 18:20 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: three π speakers at LSAF 2010
Same speakers as yours, just with that really sexy TD12S. Night and day there, you might spring for a set of upgraded woofers if you can. As for stands, I usually don't put them on stands unless I'm running subs. This prevents floor bounce and gives...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 15 May 2010 18:07 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Pi 7 and pi 6
Both the six π and seven π cornerhorns have similar response, a slightly overdamped alignment which results in a gentle, gradual rolloff curve. This alignment is pretty room friendly, and tends to sound smooth in most rooms but, of course, some rooms ar...
Pages (15): [ «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15    »]

Current Time: Sat May 04 16:17:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio