Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
214 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 26 August 2005 15:34 «» By: Floyd Andrews
10 Pi with 414-8c?
Greetings! I've been doodling a 10 Pi type box, sized to fit my Great Plains Audio 414-8c speakers, in my notebook this week. (12" woofer, Qts .20, Fs 30, Vas 8.13 ft. cubed) Anyone try this combination before? I use them with a pair of Altec 902 drivers ...
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sat, 20 August 2005 06:22 «» By: Martin
Re: Horns, transmission lines and reflex cabinets
When you place Lowther DX4s in tranmission line cabinets, do you need to pad down the upper frequencies or does the cabinet bring up the bass sufficiently to match the upper frequencies so that no equalization is required? In all the designs I have built ...
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 22 July 2005 08:04 «» By: lcholke
bsc and edge defraction
Hi all,On the mad board there was a thread on this question. Say we have a 16 4" driver sealed box array. 10" wide ~7' high. 4' from the wall. The listener is 9' from the driver. A std home setup.Is a baffle step correction circuit required. Is the edge ...
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 11 July 2005 09:35 «» By: billfort
Re: Great Plains Audio 704-8A - more notes
My plan to target 400Hz as the tractrix mouth cutoff is due to me wanting to try an 800Hz cross on the 902 and since the 811 horn is about this size, seems like a good starting point. I will definitely try a higher cross as well.One place where my plans c...
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sat, 18 June 2005 18:43 «» By: Martin
Re: fullrange single driver please help, saved!!!!
Hi Peter,Glad things worked out so well. The BSC circuit is such a simple method for adjusting the relative volume produce by the speaker at different frequencies. It rebalances the SPL curve. I agree with your comment that nothing is lost, nothing is ...
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 09 June 2005 19:00 «» By: Martin
Re: fullrange single driver help please!!
Hi Peter,"Unfortunatly I am unable to open the links associated with your project articles. Perhaps you could email them separatly for me concerning the 206. I have been looking into graphic and parametricEQ's. Any suggestion as to which sounds better? Ac...
7 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 09 May 2005 18:03 «» By: FredT
Good Thing to Know
If you must use series resistance I wounder if you could parallel the resistor with a 1.5mH inductor to create a baffle step compensation network?
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 15 April 2005 10:00 «» By: GM
Re: In over my head! Fostex 206 cabinet
Greets!In the good ol' days it was called a tower bass reflex (BR) design, but recently Martin King 'did the math' to better define it as more a 1/4WL mass loaded pipe (MLTL, AKA ML-TQWT) than BR. There's no defined point between the two, just a BR morphs...
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 13 April 2005 13:59 «» By: lon
Re: I must ask about stuffing....
Quoted:I've had this discussion any number of times, although usually in the context of baffle step correction filters.IMO Reflections off of the back of the cabinet through the cone are in the 1-2kHz range. The reflections put a bump in the frequency res...
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 08 April 2005 14:30 «» By: Bob Brines
Re: I must ask about stuffing....
I've had this discussion any number of times, although usually in the context of baffle step correction filters.IMO Reflections off of the back of the cabinet through the cone are in the 1-2kHz range. The reflections put a bump in the frequency response o...
Pages (22): [ «    7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22    »]

Current Time: Wed May 15 01:04:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio