Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
214 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 05 January 2006 21:01 «» By: Jim Griffin
Re: please advice: 8 drivers, 95dB, 6ohm+
Dave,Let me comment on a few items in your posting:You said: "I'd like to build a quasi array using 8 5" drivers and a single dome tweeter at its center. I've read Jim's paper and Im stuck with achieving the following goals:- 8 drivers per side- roughtly...
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 20 December 2005 09:17 «» By: Bob Brines
Re: What measurements matter to audibility?
First to answer your original question: An FR plot (at least 0,15,30 and 45 degrees off axis) and an impedance plot will give you the information to tweak a speaker. To set up equalization in the listening room, the mic has to be where your head will be.N...
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sat, 10 December 2005 11:56 «» By: roncla
Re: folded voight pipes???
Built many of them for an assortment of different drivers. Basic a folded tapered pipe in which the throat is =Sd in area and the mouth (not the port) is 4-5x Sd and the length is 1/4 wave length of the target Fc(which will only work if its a straight pip...
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 04 December 2005 07:58 «» By: JimGore
Woofer choice and attenuation
Hi all.I am planning to build a set of 3 way speakers early next year.Rweeter, I plan on using Morel MDT33.Midrange, I plan on using Morel MW142Woofer, I am in two minds:a) (2x) Peerless 8" (HDS series) 850490orb) (1x) Scan-Speak 21W8555 8".I have two que...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 22 November 2005 14:25 «» By: Norman Tracy
Re: Great Plains Audio Club meeting pics - November 19, 2005
First off thanks to Jim for hosting us and congratulations on your lovely new home. I want your Norton.OK, enough pretending to be normal, let’s switch into full on audio geek mode.For me the highlights of the meeting were talking shop with everybody and...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 17 November 2005 12:28 «» By: Shane
Re: Two Tower initial impressions
Also, there could be several other factors. The fact that I have a double front baffle where the front piece is 2" narrower on each side making a double step off of each side is probably not helping any matters. I can't remedy that till I veneer the fro...
7 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 07 October 2005 05:23 «» By: Martin
Re: Horn Mouth Diffraction
Hi M,"This is my understanding, and please correct me, if I am wrong. There are (at least) two consequences associated with the transition from the boundary formed by a horn or a cone driver.A transition from the boundary constrained space to a 2 pi (if m...
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 06 October 2005 20:40 «» By: M
Dear Martin,you wrote:"As far as rounded edges on baffles, I do not believe that exact modelling of this is needed. There are two effects from the baffle, the baffle step as the sound radiated transitions from 4 pi to 2 pi and the sound "scattering" at th...
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 06 October 2005 18:31 «» By: Martin
M,Looking at the EDGE again I think I was in error. My MathCad worksheets use the same basic math as the EDGE but can handle both rectangular and circular sources and baffles. So modelling a round or rectanguler horn mouth and baffle is easily done. I ...
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 19 September 2005 17:32 «» By: Martin
Re: Electrical filters and Acoustic Filters
Everything you say is true. It is just the perspective which one looks at the problem that is different. I like thinking of the problem as voltage division without any change to the driver properties because it lets me visualize the next level of comple...
Pages (22): [ «    6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21    »]

Current Time: Wed May 15 09:34:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio