Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
214 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 14 March 2007 13:21 «» By: dB
Re: Baffle step compensation. Thanks.
Very much appreciated Wayne, Thanks.I guess I can say, for small problems there are always small (easy) solutions. Alike to speakers in open air arenas vs speakers for small room spaces (there is more bass inside, I guess).
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 14 March 2007 08:45 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Baffle step compensation
When a loudspeaker is mounted on a baffle, it radiates into halfspace as a result of that baffle. It is not radiating omnidirectionally; It is constrained to half space by the baffle. But at lower frequencies, the baffle is too small to constrain the r...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 14 March 2007 05:20 «» By: dB
Baffle step compensation
Hi Wayne,What is baffle step compensation?I know there are rectifications to do in the front side of a speaker (and xover), but I don't know if the problem exists more in the bass or any other frequency. I know there are adjustments in the 2K & 3K area al...
4 Forum: Group Build «» Posted on: Sat, 24 February 2007 12:54 «» By: Skip Pack
Re: Smith horns
I have the dividers and mounting blocks for four horns, and intend todo them. As always, when? My current thinking is that they might beinteresting using my Lowthers as the base for two-ways with the Smithson top. I probably should just buy some eminence ...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 10 January 2007 04:25 «» By: FredT
Two Woofer One Pi Tower
Sounds like something I might try. Making it a 2.5 way would provide some baffle step compensation, enhancing the bass without an unwanted increase in midrange sensitivity. The simplest crossover would be an Erse iron core inductor in series with the lowe...
6 Forum: Thermionic Emissions «» Posted on: Fri, 17 November 2006 15:02 «» By: Skip
Subject should be: About the V-Caps
I'm fairly sure the amp has good bass, it does through phones. The Lowther Medallions run out around 60-70 hz or so with hintsbelow that. Might need a transconductance amp to push those driversmuch lower. I'll work on something with more watts as well. 2 ...
7 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sat, 04 November 2006 08:19 «» By: Marlboro
Baffle Step Roll-off, electronics crosses, and ARRAYs
On the diyAudio forum, someone brought up a question about the baffle step roll off issues. Go to here for an update on this issue:http://www.t-linespeakers.org/tech/bafflestep/index.htmlIs this an issue for array speakers? Is it an issue only for spe...
8 Forum: Group Build «» Posted on: Wed, 01 November 2006 08:34 «» By: FredT
Next Steps
The prototype enclosures are completed and the speakers are playing with a crossover I improvised using X-ove 3 Pro as a guide. The next steps are for me to document everything you'll need to know to build your own pair, and to get them to Wayne so he can...
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 31 October 2006 06:51 «» By: Danny Richie
I gave them a listen
No one was in the room when I walked in so I handed him a known disc. It opened up with a soft piano intro. My first thought was what happened to the highs? All of the air and space cues were gone. All upper end extension was gone. Upper end detail level ...
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 27 October 2006 19:23 «» By: Marlboro
I can make it for an even $5000.... and it'll be better.
OK, Jim says the speaker is discontinued. I couldn't find any of them in the USA, but in Australia you can get them for $47 US, which comes to a total of 2350 or so for the speakers. They use a dedicated equalizer, but what the heck lets buy a brand n...
Pages (22): [ «    4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19    »]

Current Time: Tue May 14 20:41:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio