Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
366 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Group Build «» Posted on: Wed, 13 September 2006 05:08 «» By: Bill Epstein
Re: Steve Brown and I are working on this amp
The last of the parts showed up yesterday.Simple 45:So far have a mock-up built to avoid drilling the wrong holes in the 1/8" thick, 12x17 aluminum top late. And position so many components. The PT is a Hammond 373BX. The psu chokes and filament transfor...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 12 September 2006 10:40 «» By: GarMan
Why BP?
What would be the value of using a bandpass design vs the active XO from the plate amp or HT receiver?gar.
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 28 July 2006 20:55 «» By: Shane
Akhilesh - 12B4 question.
I know you have Jef's other 12B4. I was curious what your thoughts on using this amp into the PAWO horns with a plate amp running the sub. Are the PAWO horns efficient enough for the 12B4?
4 Forum: General «» Posted on: Fri, 28 July 2006 18:44 «» By: Shane
Akhilesh???
I know you have Jef's other 12B4. I was curious what your thoughts on using this amp into the PAWO horns with a plate amp running the sub. Are the PAWO horns efficient enough for the 12B4?
5 Forum: Thermionic Emissions «» Posted on: Wed, 19 July 2006 17:27 «» By: PakProtector
Re: 6Ah4 Amp
Hey-Hey!!!,There is nothing stupid about the points you've made...or the questions you ask. If there were one single best, most of us would probably build it. Building something that is a bit different, and inovative is a lot of what makes this fun. Just ...
6 Forum: Thermionic Emissions «» Posted on: Sun, 16 July 2006 14:11 «» By: PakProtector
Re: Convertible
Hey-Hey!!!,I'll figure out the photos. What I meant was a total of four chassis. One PS chassis and one amp chassis per channel. At ~100 lb. per PS, there is nooooooooo way I'd put the two together and try for 200...:)I have some silicone, and a lot of Te...
7 Forum: Thermionic Emissions «» Posted on: Fri, 30 June 2006 07:20 «» By: Manualblock
Thanks John thats excellent help. I knew about the high Rp and the 7k trans. I figured that would lead to eventually a big triode amp. That has always been my goal except I felt I needed more experience to work with the high plate voltages.The speakers fo...
8 Forum: Thermionic Emissions «» Posted on: Thu, 29 June 2006 20:25 «» By: Forty2wo
Hi M, I am not familiar with the 6AH4, so I looked it up in my trusty ‘GE essential characteristics’ ( a great quick reference book by the way).The kicker here is the high plate resistance (Rp), requiring the < 7K transformer. Most of the good affordab...
9 Forum: Group Build «» Posted on: Mon, 26 June 2006 12:25 «» By: Damir
SE 300B Project, Part 13 - The finished amp
Well, I finally put together two AZ50 rectifiers, two 300B and two C3g tubes on the top of the 19"/2HE rack , together with PT (grey box).I wanted compactness of the single chasis stereo amp, but you can see the inside - two PTs, four PS chokes, two grid ...
10 Forum: Swap Meet «» Posted on: Sun, 25 June 2006 09:24 «» By: doucanoe
FS - NHT SA-3 Subwoofer amplifier
NHT SA-3 250 w/ch sub amp for sale. Very nice condition with manual and power cord. I purchased for a subwoofer project that never materialized. Originally $750 and am asking $300. Nice amp, powerfull, flexable with x-over control/phase and volume on face...
Pages (37): [ «    7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22    »]

Current Time: Wed May 15 00:51:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio