Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » tweeter review
Re: tweeter review [message #48377 is a reply to message #48376] Thu, 08 December 2005 18:15 Go to previous message
GrantMarshall is currently offline  GrantMarshall
Viscount

Hi again Leland.

I like the imaging of the Pi's. It's wonderful to have the wood stove in between the speakers singing wonderful things to you :-).

I gave up on vinyl and went to cd's. I have a friend at work with a massive collection of MP3's he's willing to copy for me. Less than 200 bucks for a hard drive and I can listen to different tunes until the cows come home. They've got things like the Sound Blaster wireless that let transmit songs from the bedroom computer to the living room stereo.

I'm working on using Bills David plans for the woofer with a Fostex/ ribbon combo up top. Not being an EE I'm sure I'll be bending a few rules, but I expect they'll sound pretty decent. I keep having this image of these 3 1/2 foot speakers hooked up to a T-AMP and a one inch cube MP3 player with a gig of tunes on it. Up to 4 hours of battery power on both the amp and MP3 player to listen to 15 watts (at 4 ohms) with 98 SPL speakers, take it where you can carry it, kick *** sound. What a ghetto blaster.

Gotta love it.

Have a good night.

Grant.

Previous Topic: Stage Four pi 18"
Next Topic: OT: DIY Surround Processor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 13:07:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio