Home » Audio » LSAF » LSAF 2007 slide show
LSAF 2007 slide show [message #4282] Mon, 07 May 2007 00:22 Go to next message
Melissa is currently offline  Melissa
Viscount
Hello everyone, I realized it was quite a challenge to see the photos we posted, so I decided to make a slide show of them, so check it out!! Melissa

LSAF show coverage - abraxasaudio [message #4406 is a reply to message #4282] Sun, 15 July 2007 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
Jef and Deborah Larson of abraxasaudio brought their Loftin-White 1626 "Darling" amp.

abraxasaudio 1626 "Darling" amplifier

Sounded great with Brines speakers, shown above. They also brought a 2A3 SET amplifier, as can be seen in the Dagogo review. Many people commented this was a winning combination with tower two Pi speakers.

Re: LSAF show coverage - AudioKinesis [message #4408 is a reply to message #4406] Sun, 15 July 2007 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
Duke and Lori LeJeune of AudioKinesis brought their Jazz Modules speakers.

AudioKinesis Jazz Modules speakers powered by Richard Gray amps

These speakers were powered by NTV 18 amplifiers by Richard Gray. I enjoyed them thoroughly.

Re: LSAF show coverage - Fred Thompson's Houston Audio Club Room [message #4409 is a reply to message #4408] Sun, 15 July 2007 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
Fred and Linda Thompson represented the Houston Audio Club and Texas Bottleheads.

Fred and Linda Thompson

Fred designed the ART Array as a Group Build project for AudioRoundTable.com. They sound great! You can read about how to build them on ART's Group Build forum (http://www.AudioRoundTable.com/GroupBuild/messages/2253.html).

ART Array

Re: LSAF show coverage - Polk Audio [message #4411 is a reply to message #4409] Sun, 15 July 2007 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
Russ Gates represented Polk Audio, bringing RTi10 and LSi9 speakers.

Polk Audio RTi10 and LSi9 speakers

Some said that Polk Audio was mainstream and that LSAF is a high-end show. I thought Polk fit right in. Sounded very nice indeed!

Re: LSAF show coverage - Jumping Cactus Loudspeakers [message #4412 is a reply to message #4411] Sun, 15 July 2007 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
Jim Harrell of Jumping Cactus Loudspeakers brought his high efficiency isolated aluminum loudspeakers.

Jumping Cactus Loudspeakers

The speaker cabinets are made of aluminum and use Eminence drivers throughout. The woofer is 10", midrange is 6.5" and tweeter is 1". I really like the way they look and the sound was good too!

Re: LSAF show coverage - MaxxHorn [message #4413 is a reply to message #4412] Sun, 15 July 2007 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
Bob Spense and his son Nelson represented MaxxHorn, bringing their Immersion loudspeakers.

MaxxHorn Immersion Loudspeakers

The black finish on these speakers is just gorgeous. It's a hand-rubbed piano black. Stunning!

Re: LSAF show coverage - Jim Rivers' Dallas Audio Club room [message #4414 is a reply to message #4413] Sun, 15 July 2007 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
Jim Rivers represented the Dallas Audio Club. He brought a lot of fun stuff, complete with poratble Buddha.

Jim Rivers' Dallas Audio Club room

Check out his really cool record cleaner:

I think I spent the most time in Jim's room, as we have the same taste in music!!

Re: LSAF show coverage - Audio Note [message #4415 is a reply to message #4414] Sun, 15 July 2007 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
Neli Davis represented Audio Note. I liked her a lot because she is super sweet!

Audio Note system

This was an all Audio Note system consisting of an integrated 10 watt EL84 amp, AN/E speakers, a TT2 turntable, an OTO phono stage, CDT-3 CD transport and DAC 4.1x. They even brought out their silver interconnects!

Re: LSAF show coverage - Audio Note Kits [message #4416 is a reply to message #4415] Sun, 15 July 2007 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Viscount
Brian Smith and David Cope represented Audio Note kits. They brought several kits and parts, including a brand new, yet to be announced mono-block chassis.

Audio Note Kits monoblock chassis and DAC kit

The mono-block chassis (shown above) is designed to be modular. The one we listened to is essentially one channel of a Kit 1, which is a SET amp that can be configured to use 2A3 or 300B outputs. A parallel output module can be installed in the chassis to allow for a pair of output tubes to be operated in parallel. Neat stuff!

Gobs-O-Goodies in the Audio Note Kits room

Previous Topic: Dagogo LSAF report
Next Topic: LSAF 2007 coverage...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:04:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers