Home » Audio » LSAF » GPAF - LSAF - Possible Venue Change
Re: GPAF - LSAF - Possible Venue Change [message #3269 is a reply to message #3258] Sat, 10 June 2006 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russ is currently offline  Russ
Esquire
Do it, I'll help any way I can - hell, I'd set up a room myself.

Re: Sounds like a plan [message #3270 is a reply to message #3268] Sat, 10 June 2006 19:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
There appear to be several people in Dallas, and me in Houston, who are volunteering to help you with the work involved in setting up and coordinating the event. Since you have done it twice and know what's involved, I suggest that after you have confirmed the hotel's ability to accommodate us, you should play more of an executive role, assigning duties and tasks to us individually rather than trying to do it all yourself. So don't feel like you're imposing when you ask me, Jim, or anybody else to do something that requires some time and effort.

The reciprocal responsibility for anybody who's asked to do something is to say up front if you're not sure you can do it. If you do accept the task then you have a responsibility to complete it, or to ask for help immediately if it begins to appear you won't be able to. This may seem obvious to some, but in my experience the biggest problem in project management, is the well intentioned individual who accepts a responsibility, then finds himself in an unexpected crunch and doesn't ask for help until it's too late.

Re: Sounds like a plan [message #3271 is a reply to message #3270] Sat, 10 June 2006 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3moons is currently offline  3moons
Baron
OK, Wayne AND Fred. What Marriot do you have in mind? Should I go check it out for any surprizes? I'll talk in person with Bob Spence and Russ Gates and ??? to see how deep each want to swim in this pool. Maybe we can start an off forum group email so this won't get too boring here? jim...

Re: Sounds like a plan [message #3273 is a reply to message #3270] Sun, 11 June 2006 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I agree with you completely and think this is a great idea. I'll definitely do what you've said. Should have an answer from Embassy Suites early next week and then we'll start planing for LSAF '07.

We might assign two people each task to prevent someone inadvertently dropping the ball. Of course, that opens the possibility that each assumes the other will do it, so neither takes action. But I know that in the past, the things that didn't get done fell into my lap. That's OK, but if I get behind then there's no backup.

I think that's one of the things that makes the Dallas show so exciting. There are more people that can get involved with show preparation. We'll be able to do more to promote the event. And the market is bigger too, so there will be a bigger turnout. It will stay a grass roots "Woodstock" event. But it will just be bigger with more stuff to see and hear and more people to hang out with!

Re: Sounds like a plan [message #3274 is a reply to message #3271] Sun, 11 June 2006 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

We're thinking about the Embassy Suites near DFW airport. We could also meet at the Embassy Suites in Grapevine. I love the hotel and room layouts at Embassy Suites. Nothing but suites; Just what we need for a show like this.

Re: GPAF - LSAF - Possible Venue Change [message #3276 is a reply to message #3265] Sun, 11 June 2006 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

We won't let it get screwed up. You're a big part of it, and your voice is heard. You're already part of he steering committee, so please continue to voice your comments.

Re: GPAF - LSAF - Possible Venue Change [message #3277 is a reply to message #3264] Sun, 11 June 2006 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Cool! 'Spose we could use your logo and look and feel for the LSAF website? I really love the look of your website, and it seems a natural fit. It's kinda your deal as much as anyone's.

Re: GPAF - LSAF - Possible Venue Change [message #3278 is a reply to message #3261] Sun, 11 June 2006 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You can bring the whole family next year; Make it a family vacation. The kids will love Six Flags!

Re: GPAF - LSAF - Possible Venue Change [message #3279 is a reply to message #3259] Sun, 11 June 2006 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Thanks, Bob. We'll talk soon; I'll definitely ask for your participation. Sounds like it will turn out great!

Re: GPAF - LSAF - Possible Venue Change [message #3280 is a reply to message #3269] Sun, 11 June 2006 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Thanks, Russ. You're right there, so I'll definitely ask for your help. This is gonna be great!

Next Topic: Dagogo LSAF report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:43:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout