Home » Audio » Pro Sound » combo amp do i need extra cab
combo amp do i need extra cab [message #27434] Sat, 19 May 2007 18:34 Go to next message
john yobaccio is currently offline  john yobaccio
Esquire
hi ive got a mesa f 50 1x12 my problem is if im not right in front of the amp i cant hear it that well so im thinking of getting an extra speaker cab the guy at mesa suggested going with the 1x12 wide boy and stack the f 50 combo on top do you think this would solve the problem also do i need to go mesa.i would be grateful for any feedback on the subject. thanks john

Re: combo amp do i need extra cab [message #27439 is a reply to message #27434] Wed, 23 May 2007 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ricardo is currently offline  Ricardo
Viscount
Have you tried tilting the amp up toward your head, or would that mess up your stage sound? I guess if all the amps are miked, then this could be an option.

I think the stack would also work, as long as it didn't throw the "stage" mix off balance.

Re: combo amp do i need extra cab [message #27440 is a reply to message #27439] Wed, 23 May 2007 14:27 Go to previous message
john yobaccio is currently offline  john yobaccio
Esquire
thanks for the reply i did get an amp stand and tilted it back its better but still not great. im leaning towards getting the extra cab anyway thanks. best john

Previous Topic: opening the mg 50 cabinet??
Next Topic: Orange Amps?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 21:13:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout