Home » Audio » Measurement » O Scope
O Scope [message #25203] Sun, 17 July 2005 13:44 Go to next message
zincman is currently offline  zincman
Baron
Hey all;
I just picked up a Fluke 123 scopemeter, as part of a trade. Can anyone tell me what I can use an O scope for audio check outs. I know this might seem dumb but I thought until I can either sell it or trade it I might as well try and find some use for it.
Thanks
tim

Re: O Scope [message #25204 is a reply to message #25203] Sun, 17 July 2005 18:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

An oscilloscope is probably the single most useful piece of test equipment you can have in electronics. It's used to see a graphic representation of the signal so you can know the waveshape as well as voltage levels.

Re: O Scope [message #62873 is a reply to message #25204] Wed, 26 May 2010 09:52 Go to previous message
ARTIdaho is currently offline  ARTIdaho
Chancellor
+1 on the above reply. You can look at the tunes, study them, trouble shoot make improvements, etc

Couple it with a good audio signal generator and yo can look at the wave form (signal) going in and look at it all the way thru.....imputs to speakers. See where you lose it, see where it distorts.....or just enjoy how perfect it is

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q83/pbidaho/Bpf4sQCGkKGrHgoOKiEEjlLmfk0BKdcDEgl.jpg

My bench budy
Previous Topic: On axis measurements in nearfield listening
Next Topic: computer card/slot confusion
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:12:23 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers