Home » Audio » Measurement » TS tolerances for speakers
TS tolerances for speakers [message #25157] Tue, 18 May 2004 09:17 Go to next message
Bill Grant is currently offline  Bill Grant
Esquire
Hello, I'm just getting setup to measure TS parameters for speaker drivers after repair/recone. Do speakers (not repaired or damaged)vary in their parameters much? How close should you expect a "stock" speaker to live up to the TS numbers? Thanks, Bill.

Re: TS tolerances for speakers [message #25158 is a reply to message #25157] Tue, 18 May 2004 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
It depends on the manufacture I've found out some of the better companies (JBL,EV, etc) it's pretty close within +- 5 to 10%, where as some of the cheaper manufactures I've seen 20-50% variance (Pioneer speakers). It's always best to measure. The woofer tester that Parts-express sells I've heard can be upto 20% off. Theres a woofer tester made by Peak Instruments that connects into a computer that's suppose to be pretty acurate.

HTH
Bill W.

Re: TS tolerances for speakers [message #25159 is a reply to message #25158] Tue, 18 May 2004 11:12 Go to previous message
Bill Grant is currently offline  Bill Grant
Esquire
Thanks for the reply. That's pretty much what I expected. Thanks!

Previous Topic: The news from Raymond
Next Topic: Audix microphones room 15
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 15:53:26 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout