Home » Audio » Speaker » And now for something completely different ......
Re:Monty Python! [message #18532 is a reply to message #18525] Tue, 31 January 2006 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Yes absolutely; Keeping Up Appearences is a one joke outing.
I can watch "As Time Goes By", because of the phenomenal acting ability of Geoffry Palmer and Judi Dench. We don't get talent on that level here on TV.
I like the understated humor of the good british sit-coms just like I like the slapstick humor of the good American coms. Trouble is there has not been a decent American sit-com since Seinfeld. At least not on regular TV.
I don't know if the Office will appeal to you then because it is very laid back. But some of the scenes had me on the floor.
So tell me; you really take a personal opinion regarding the people portrayed on the shows and their behaviour as individuals?
Thats a novel approach.

Re:Monty Python! [message #18533 is a reply to message #18532] Tue, 31 January 2006 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

It's not so much that I take offense by the shows or see them as anything other than entertainment. It's just that I don't enjoy watching twits on TV, characters made to be uncomfortably quirky just to be funny. I mean, some quirky characters are really funny, like the ones on Seinfeld. Loved those guys. But the fat lady that's demanding of the brow-beaten husband on "Appearances" should have been kicked to the curb on the first episode. No redeeeming features and the show isn't even funny in my opinion.

Re: Push-pull for pneumatic symmetry at VLF [message #18534 is a reply to message #18531] Tue, 31 January 2006 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Floyd Andrews is currently offline  Floyd Andrews
Baron
"Pneumatic Symmetry"! I love it! Wayne, you need to TM this right now. Think of the advertising! "Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the Doppelganger 3000, with Pneumatic Symmetry (TM), sonically clobbers the competition." (Cue large breasted women in bikinis draped over the speakers)Brilliant!

Re:Monty Python! [message #18535 is a reply to message #18533] Tue, 31 January 2006 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Well; thats true; the neighbor woman next door who is so nervous about visiting that she always upsets the apple cart is pretty funny but that is just replay of old vaudeville jokes.
I see the husband as a decent, long-suffering guy who despite the wifes frantic need to put on airs and present as royalty still loves her and is willing to tolerate her eccentricities as a result. That premise goes back to W.C. Fields and The Bank Dick, the hen-pecked nice guy husband.. I see a lot of folks who live in similar marraige dynamics.
Most guys are whipped in some way or other; if it isn't apparent then it's subtle, but it's there.
They'll admitt it if you press them.

Re: Push-pull for pneumatic symmetry at VLF [message #18536 is a reply to message #18534] Tue, 31 January 2006 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Re:"...2 down and one to go, Dorothy Kilgallen..." [message #18537 is a reply to message #18516] Tue, 31 January 2006 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
If you can remember that then you'll remember John Cameron Swayze before he was hawking Timex watches

Re: And now for something completely different ...... [message #18538 is a reply to message #18496] Tue, 31 January 2006 23:03 Go to previous message
shayne yasinski is currently offline  shayne yasinski
Esquire
I like it!!!!!!!!!!!

I also love the kick drum.
I have been playing with the table tuba and getting nothing close to what i want.
your design looks like my first big system that i had made from parts i got at work.
lots of power and lots of jbl drivers.
for me it all went downhill when hometheatre got big and 2 channel died.
ya got me hooked

shayne

Previous Topic: Vintage speakers vs. modern
Next Topic: magnets
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 23:49:23 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers