Home » xyzzy » Tower » House / Apartment Envy
House / Apartment Envy [message #97636] Wed, 17 April 2024 17:56 Go to next message
noodle is currently offline  noodle
Viscount
Do you ever drive by a spiffy cottage, mansion, or apartment complex and think to yourself, If I only had the money? If yes or no, why?

I sometimes get that tinge of envy when I watch real estate or apartment showcase videos. It would be nice to not stress out about rising rents and utilities or what upkeep will be affordable for the next year or two.
Re: House / Apartment Envy [message #97638 is a reply to message #97636] Thu, 18 April 2024 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barryso is currently offline  Barryso
Master
I don't generally envy the huge houses as the house I live in was where my maternal grandparents lived. It's home in a way that a big generic place could never be.

And, frankly, it's a lot of room for one person. A McMansion would be even sillier.
Re: House / Apartment Envy [message #97653 is a reply to message #97636] Mon, 22 April 2024 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mulcahy is currently offline  Mulcahy
Chancellor
I like seeing tiny apartments and how people make them work (tiny as in under 400 square feet, two-plus residents). I don't get envy about living space. Certain locations, sure.
Re: House / Apartment Envy [message #97655 is a reply to message #97653] Tue, 23 April 2024 05:35 Go to previous message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
When I take a friend who has no transportation for his medical appointments. We go past an area of town with institutional sized homes. There has never been a time passing by them that the street these mausoleums are on that they don't have the curb filled with contractors trucks that do all the maintenance on them, their yards, pools and who knows what.
Champagne dreams, caviar wishes.
Previous Topic: Quote about traveling
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 06:57:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout