Home » xyzzy » Tower » Services and subs that remained valuable
Services and subs that remained valuable [message #97576] Sat, 30 March 2024 20:17 Go to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
I'm disappointed with how far Amazon has fallen from its once customer-centric motto. The company has slowly chipped away at Prime benefits while raising the price of the subscription. Do you think it was inevitable? Can you think of any company that has provided a service or subscription that maintained its value over the years? It seems like something always gives. It's either the price, customer service, what's being offered, or what's being demanded (like personal data), that lessens its value. I hope you guys can come up with something, because I'm drawing a blank.
Re: Services and subs that remained valuable [message #97578 is a reply to message #97576] Sun, 31 March 2024 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Brother that's the finance capitalism I rave about all the time in the dungeon. Monopolizing the marketplace. Gaining advantage, wiping out the competition, (and all the brick & mortar). Everything is interconnected in business as is nature in this world. Getting goods to it's customers in super-duper time has it's consequences. That are unsustainable for the environment and logistically unrealistic.

Corporate profits though are at an all time high now. And, we pay for it.
Several corporations are being challenged for their anti-trust behavior, including Apple, Google and Amazon. High time I say.
Re: Services and subs that remained valuable [message #97582 is a reply to message #97576] Wed, 03 April 2024 18:33 Go to previous message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
Hear, hear, Rusty! Although I'm glad about the lawsuits, I'm still doubtful that much will come of it. They'll be hit with fines, but they'll continue behaving badly because the payoff is worth more than the punishment. Plus, our politicians and the U.S. Supreme Court justices are easily bought, so it's not like anyone's coming along to save the day, unfortunately.

Back to the topic, I finally thought of two valuable services. I believe that our internet options have improved over the years and still remain valuable. Consumers also have more choices than ever. I've noticed there's been a consolidation of companies in certain areas; however, consumers still have the option to access the internet by tethering their cell phone to their other devices. Consumers can also purchase a hotspot device or use free public Wi-Fi.

The library provides many services that we take for granted and probably don't bother to use. These services have improved over the years. Thanks to digital offerings, it's easier than ever to borrow a book, game, or movie.
Previous Topic: My rant for today
Next Topic: Quote about traveling
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 08:47:06 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout