Home » Audio » Source » Another vinyl score in the works.....
Another vinyl score in the works..... [message #13194] Wed, 06 December 2006 11:36 Go to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
keep yor fingers crossed.......C

Re: Another vinyl score in the works..... [message #13196 is a reply to message #13194] Wed, 06 December 2006 19:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Agee is currently offline  Bill Agee
Chancellor
Well, I'm rooting for you. Several weeks ago I looked at about 900 records this guy had. My hopes were high, but when I saw them it was about as I expected; 90% of them had the jackets water damaged and a good portion of the vinyl was moldy. I told him I would get back with him, but I never did.

How many did you get in your first haul, and how did you come about them (if its not a secret)?

Bill

Re: Another vinyl score in the works..... [message #13197 is a reply to message #13194] Wed, 06 December 2006 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
You lucky dog!!!

There's never anything good around here. I've been looking 2nd hand since May and have managed to get about 30 LP's, maybe. All but about 4 are classical, which is fine, but some blues,jazz, or rock would be nicer.

Re: Another vinyl score in the works..... [message #13200 is a reply to message #13194] Fri, 08 December 2006 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SteveBrown is currently offline  SteveBrown
Grand Master
Hey Colin, how's the Thorens doing for you? You get it set up and running okay?

Picked up a few today [message #13204 is a reply to message #13194] Sat, 09 December 2006 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I hadn't been to the Women's Center in a month or more, so I thought I'd stop in. Picked up about 30 LP's for .50 each, all classical, all RCA Red Label or Angel from the same person's library (they were all stamped on the back of the jacket), all pristine without a fingerprint, scratch, etc...

We'll see how they play this weekend.

Re: Another vinyl score in the works..... [message #13205 is a reply to message #13196] Sun, 10 December 2006 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Too bad about not getting the 900 records. It's sad when you come across a potential score and it turns out the items are damaged. Been there and done that. However, with a little effort I think mold can be cleaned off vinyl pretty easily. The albums would have no value, but it's about the music, right?

I usually find records for sale in two local trade rags: Tellit-n-Sellit and Tradin' Post. Both are found at our local gas stations. Seems mostly the older generation (50+) places ads, so in addition to albums there are usually other goodies, if you ask......C

Re: And from my favorite Ebay seller: [message #13206 is a reply to message #13204] Sun, 10 December 2006 20:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)

Beethoven Missa Solemnis, a 2 LP box set. The CSO with Solti 1977 recording pressed in England, London FFRR black label.
Wow!
Just finished listening all the way through.

Re: Another vinyl score in the works..... [message #13208 is a reply to message #13205] Mon, 11 December 2006 15:29 Go to previous message
Bill Agee is currently offline  Bill Agee
Chancellor
Oh yes, the other goodies. I also had that in mind when I looked at the cache of 900 albums, but alas, he was using a Lloyd's all-in-one turntable,tuner and amp

At seeing that, I was not too hopeful about the condition of the albums, and it proved out.

Bill

Previous Topic: Is the sound quality of digital really as good as analoge?
Next Topic: Static got ya down, bunkie?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 08:51:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout