Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Rebel Moon
Rebel Moon [message #97304] Mon, 01 January 2024 09:19 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Netflix dropped a new movie about a week ago called Rebel Moon and Kelly and I watched it last night.

We thought it was fantastic. I thought it was as good as Star Wars, and by that, I don't mean the last few (which I thought kind of sucked) - I mean I think "Rebel Moon" is as good as the first couple "Star Wars" movies. No kidding - seriously - I loved this movie. Can't wait for its second part, which is scheduled to release April 2024.

Rebel Moon uses the same "formula" as "Star Wars," and in the first few minutes, I thought it might be "just a cheap take-off." But it also blends in a "feel" of Firefly and has some 2000-era Battlestar Galactica elements.

I just thought it was awesome.

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=3395&private=0

Re: Rebel Moon [message #97309 is a reply to message #97304] Mon, 01 January 2024 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smartt is currently offline  smartt
Master
I am looking forward to extended version.

https://screenrant.com/rebel-moon-10-things-expect-extended-version-directors-cut/#the-director-39-s-cut-of-rebel-moon-has-a-lot-more-world-building
Re: Rebel Moon [message #97316 is a reply to message #97304] Wed, 03 January 2024 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
Didn't the creator originally intend for it to be a dark spin-off of Star Wars? It seems like I read that somewhere. I haven't seen the movie, but it looks interesting.
Re: Rebel Moon [message #97317 is a reply to message #97316] Wed, 03 January 2024 17:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I haven't read anything about the movie and don't know any of its back story. But I would agree that it is something like Star Wars.

Not sure that it is "darker" - both have a similar feel to me.
Re: Rebel Moon [message #97605 is a reply to message #97304] Fri, 05 April 2024 18:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smartt is currently offline  smartt
Master
I watched Rebel Moon part 1. This movie reminded me of The Magnificent Seven with Yul Brynner. I am looking forward to part 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_GgnOD57IU
Re: Rebel Moon [message #97609 is a reply to message #97304] Mon, 08 April 2024 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Echo is currently offline  Echo
Baron
It looks very Star-Wars-y and I can't wait to watch it. I don't know if it was intended as a Star Wars spin-off, but from what I've read, the director did pitch it to Lucasfilm before it was sold to Disney. I'm not sure what happened after that.
Re: Rebel Moon [message #97621 is a reply to message #97304] Thu, 11 April 2024 00:56 Go to previous message
AcousticJack is currently offline  AcousticJack
Baron
I liked it a lot. I think it's a shame that Lucas Film didn't get behind this movie. It would have been a great addition to the Star Wars world.
Previous Topic: Prime streaming, now with commercials
Next Topic: Andre Antunes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 18:42:23 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout