Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Interested in building either 2 PI or 2 PI towers (Request for plans)
Interested in building either 2 PI or 2 PI towers [message #97108] Fri, 27 October 2023 16:03 Go to next message
Ari_Lion is currently offline  Ari_Lion
Esquire
The last couple of days I've been haunting this site and others. I'm very interested in possibly pursuing a 2 PI or 2 PI tower project. I'm very new to speaker building. I'm trying to get a better understanding of what may be involved in taking on this DIY project. May I have the plans for the 2 PI and 2 PI tower designs. If I see them, I can learn if they are beyond my ability, my workshop / tool set or if they are a good place for me to start a new and exciting audio adventure! I'm mostly interested in using them for two channel music listening with vintage, low watt receivers. Thank you to any and all who can provide me help!
Re: Interested in building either 2 PI or 2 PI towers [message #97111 is a reply to message #97108] Sat, 28 October 2023 09:12 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'd be happy to send plans but let's narrow down your requirements first.

Both the two Pi and the two Pi tower speakers are very simple to build. They're just boxes with no complicated angles. The only difference is their size.

The tower is larger and so provides much deeper bass. It still has a pretty small footprint, so doesn't require much space taken from a room. It's just taller. So if you're going to use these speakers as mains, I'd suggest the towers.

If the speakers will be used as surrounds or you just can't place the taller towers in your room, go with the bookshelf model.

Let me know which sounds better and I'll send plans right away.

Previous Topic: 2 Pi Tower Plan Request and Question
Next Topic: Help With 4Pi Build
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 01 23:41:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout