Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Ukraine
Re: Ukraine [message #97556 is a reply to message #97482] Fri, 22 March 2024 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Sir, I guess you know now. This means War! What? weren't we at war? This paradox of the west to the goings on in Ukraine is typical to the delusion that helped create the special operations in the first place. Since the Ukraine's can't any longer carry out a legitimate military assault along the fortifications Russia has built in the territory now annexed. Ukraine does what it can with what little it has, trying to inflict pain inside Russia. It will not be tolerated.
The west grouses over Putin's reelection, saying its a hoax and rubber stamped. News outlets did their duty to produce propagandized articles as to so. Non corporatized journalism gives a more realistic appraisal.
https://www.indianpunchline.com/putins-victory-is-a-geopolitical-reality

For a more nuanced view of current activities in Ukraine. The Moon of Alabama blog is indispensable.
https://www.moonofalabama.org/2024/03/russia-is-at-war-.html#more
Any idea of exacerbating this conflict by going head to head with Russia by NATO will be idiotic to say the least.
Re: Ukraine [message #97624 is a reply to message #97556] Fri, 12 April 2024 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I'm not a fan of J.D.Vance. I don't believe in Libertarianism as a viable, realistic means of running an economy. I don't support or ever will Donald Trump. But he nails it with an opinion at the N.Y.Times. End this insufferable conflict. Whether one believes in the heroics of aligning to a NATO nation with all the words of freedom & democracy attached. Ukraine cannot ever win this war and never could even with the support of the US and NATO countries. Period.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/12/opinion/jd-vance-ukraine.html
Re: Ukraine [message #97633 is a reply to message #97624] Wed, 17 April 2024 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Our legislature is debating over funding for two now unjustifiable wars. Both premeditated on ulterior aspirations. Things the public is kept in limbo over. Unless one takes the effort to sift the wheat from the chaff of propaganda. Another aspect to the funding is the electioneering going on in the cycle of US politics. The Ukraine dilemma particularly seems attached to saving face for an initiative doomed from the beginning. When the virtue of a state's sovereignty and affiliation, (Ukraine) is stripped away to show a crap shoot to destabilize another sovereign state in the process, (Russia). The pretense is shown to be hypocritical. Russia will not be compelled to give up its original intent concerning Ukraine. And no amount of re-funding will do anything more than prolong more destruction and death for a lost cause. Drawing it out till a post election cycle would seemingly show a very cynical, ethically vacant philosophy.
Here is what the determination that the Russian effort amounts to. A statement from Dmitry Medvedev, former president, now deputy chairman of the security council of Russia. Would it not be better for everyone involved, especially in Ukraine, to take heed Russia's resolve to not be deterred in finishing the job they actually intended. Not the west's version. Which is a fraud.
https://expert.ru/mnenie/dmitriy-medvedev-u-rossii-kak-i-lyuboy-velikoy-derzhavy-strategicheskie-granitsy-lezhat-daleko-za-predelami-geograficheskikh/
Re: Ukraine [message #97634 is a reply to message #97633] Wed, 17 April 2024 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Dude! I'm telling you this because we're friends. I respect your thoughts and opinions. But on this one, you've bought into a propaganda that is nothing but hubris. I'm not saying your thoughts are hubris - I'm saying the people you are listening to are spreading an alternate reality that is nothing but hubris.

The whole mission from Putin was motivated by arrogance and anyone siding with that is "cosigning his bullshit."

I know people over there that are fighting for their lives.

Alona's brother Alex went missing - hopefully captured - a couple months ago during a battle near Lugansk.

The Ukrainian people simply want freedom and a choice for a free market system. They want to be westernized. They do not want to be governed by Moscow.

Putin's government has basically become a nation controlled by mobsters. It's like what would have happened here if organized criminals were appeased and even courted instead of being prosecuted. Not that we're perfect here - sometimes it looks like mobsters run Washington too - but believe me, it's a lot worse over there.

I can't believe what has happened in Russia. Their "leadership" is worse than it was during the Soviet Union, which is lower than low. They are now what they claimed to be against. They saw the West as being "fat cat capitalists," greedy and entitled. But in fact, that's what they are now ruled by - the so called "oligarch" novi russki.

At one time, those people assassinated their Tsar. What they have now is much, much worse.

We, here in America, just do not have any visibility into that problem so we are unable to form an informed opinion. Better to have no opinion than to have one formed by propaganda.

Trust me, my friend, the good side here is very one-sided. The good side to take here is "freedom for Ukraine."
Re: Ukraine [message #97637 is a reply to message #97634] Wed, 17 April 2024 17:56 Go to previous message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Sorry Wayne, I feel opposite. The Ukrainians could have had, and can still have when this god awful mess is over. All the neoliberal free market misery that we have in our country. The Russians have stated over and over their intent with Ukraine. And it doesn't include reclaiming the Baltic's or for Christ's sake Europe. That is pure unadulterated bull. It's been well established our diplomatic meddling with the current Ukraine government to commit to this futile waste of humanity on the NATO pretense. It could have been averted at the onset of the full scale military commencement. I'm afraid it's western propaganda that has pulled the wool over the public's eyes. I've presented that in this thread and it's anyone's choice to disagree. But as usual with our foreign entanglements. It snowballs into a giant fecal mess. Scores of people perish, destruction is wrought, and we walk away on to other malfeasance.
We're doing that with Taiwan. We're perilously close to being pulled into war with Iran with our commitment to indulge a long standing apartheid and now genocidal committing Israel. The governments of Iraq, Sudan and Niger want our military out of their country, that we ignore.

The trouble with this country is that it has lost all sense of virtue that it possessed after the end of WWII. We have become as our economic doctrine has shown to be. Selfish, obstinate, arrogant and corrupt. We see it in our politics, our financial institutions and most evidently our fraudulent diplomacy.
I understand Wayne that with your connection to that part of the world, that it carries a certain amount of emotional and sentimental weight. With that perhaps a certain amount of bias. These events are all out of that realm. The world of government plans and actions transcend our personal lives till unless we get caught up in actions that get out of hand. Let's hope we don't have to face what the Ukraine's have. I still contend with what I comprehend, they never had to. There are many other people who think the same. I used to share the same views Wayne as you and most Americans. But I don't take in what available information verbatim without investigation when contradictions arise. I believe the contradictions I've followed outweigh the prevailing sentiment.
Previous Topic: Working Until I'm 100
Next Topic: Soviet Women Snipers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 15:53:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout