Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Binge-worthy on Paramount+?
Binge-worthy on Paramount+? [message #96880] Tue, 01 August 2023 18:17 Go to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
I needed to pare expenses, so I cut some of my entertainment subscriptions. This move has pretty much left me with Paramount+ and nothing else. I was enjoying Yellowstone, but four episodes in, I hit the harsh reality that the others aren't available on there. So what else is binge-worthy on Paramount+?
Re: Binge-worthy on Paramount+? [message #96881 is a reply to message #96880] Wed, 02 August 2023 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I wouldn't know not subscribing to any, but with the writers strike and solidarity with the acting profession, hopefully will make the streaming cartel more fair for consumers. Not holding my breath mind you.
They'll probably start consolidating to become just a few eventually calling the rate shots.
Re: Binge-worthy on Paramount+? [message #96883 is a reply to message #96881] Thu, 03 August 2023 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
Oh, you know that's coming! My monies on Netflix combining with Paramount+ and Disney+, eventually. I was shocked to learn how little that creative talent made in residual fees from the streaming networks. It doesn't seem like a fair distribution. However, once they begin paying out more, you know they'll just pass those fees to the consumer.
Re: Binge-worthy on Paramount+? [message #96885 is a reply to message #96883] Thu, 03 August 2023 09:11 Go to previous message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Strum Drum wrote on Thu, 03 August 2023 04:02
Oh, you know that's coming! My monies on Netflix combining with Paramount+ and Disney+, eventually. I was shocked to learn how little that creative talent made in residual fees from the streaming networks. It doesn't seem like a fair distribution. However, once they begin paying out more, you know they'll just pass those fees to the consumer.
That seems to reinforce the notion that monopolies really do corner the market. Yet in our economy they are allowed to fester like that without any REGULATION. The last great reformer in anti trust was a republican. Teddy (rough rider) Roosevelt.
Previous Topic: About My Father
Next Topic: Musicians under-appreciated and now appreciated
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 03:04:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout