Home » Audio » Home Theater » Buying similar brands
Buying similar brands [message #85124] Sat, 06 May 2017 12:30 Go to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
Since the TV and home theater often go hand-in-hand, have you ever bought these items that were from the same brand and is there an advantage in doing so?
Re: Buying similar brands [message #85426 is a reply to message #85124] Fri, 16 June 2017 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
Buying similar brands of electronics can be beneficial because there are times when you get compatable features. Having said this, all my audio and sound equipment are from different brands since I always prefer to check the specs.
Re: Buying similar brands [message #85448 is a reply to message #85124] Mon, 19 June 2017 18:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
Quite often these devices are sold as an entertainment bundle which can save you money. That's especially true around the holidays. Even if the products aren't bundled, I've found it's easier to haggle the price down when you're taking the same brand.
Re: Buying similar brands [message #86036 is a reply to message #85448] Mon, 04 September 2017 02:14 Go to previous message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
Leot55 wrote on Mon, 19 June 2017 18:28
Even if the products aren't bundled, I've found it's easier to haggle the price down when you're taking the same brand.

Well, that's true but most of the time, you'll get consumers buying these components at different periods. At times, I look at this as a marketing gimmick by these brands.
Previous Topic: For how long should a system last?
Next Topic: What is the best way to get better bass in my home system?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:24:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio