Home » Audio » General » Sophie's Place / Musical Therapy
Sophie's Place / Musical Therapy [message #84872] Sun, 02 April 2017 09:53 Go to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
This is a pretty cool thing that's happening. Sophie's Place is an organization that operates under the umbrella of the Forever Young Foundation. Spearheaded by former NFL quarterback and Football Hall Of Fame member Steve Young and his wife, Sophie's Place brings music therapy to the young patients in children's hospitals around the country.

http://foreveryoung.org/charities/sophie/

Music as a form of therapy has been known to work for the younger members of our society, so to see this happening on a large scale.....it does my heart good to see this happening.

I'm not pitching this or anything, I just thought I would bring this to everyone's attention. Smile
Re: Sophie's Place / Musical Therapy [message #84898 is a reply to message #84872] Thu, 06 April 2017 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cortney is currently offline  Cortney
Viscount
Thanks for sharing this with us. It's always great when you can spread information that is as heartwarming as this. I had never heard of this organization until now and it's really wonderful to see the way they are changing these kids' lives.
icon14.gif  Re: Sophie's Place / Musical Therapy [message #84910 is a reply to message #84872] Fri, 07 April 2017 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Csharp is currently offline  Csharp
Viscount
Music is the kind of therapy that science and medicine cannot really gauge, yet you can see the effects first hand.

Thanks for sharing that Kingfish.......Good on you.
Re: Sophie's Place / Musical Therapy [message #84914 is a reply to message #84872] Sun, 09 April 2017 03:08 Go to previous message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
I have seen this work in many other places and I believe that musical therapy is what all of us need. There's actually a group of volunteers that go round hospitals just to sing to these little souls. It is such a noble idea.
Previous Topic: Dusty Speakers?
Next Topic: Shopping on a budget
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:15:51 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout