Home » Audio » General » No Sound At All
No Sound At All [message #84827] Mon, 27 March 2017 00:26 Go to next message
Csharp is currently offline  Csharp
Viscount
Here's a head-scratcher for you. What would you think if you saw a commercial that had no sound at all to it? Nobody verbally pitching a product...no music....nothing. It seemed to be produced for the sole purpose of getting its message across by video images only, so it would be played out differently than the standard commercial.

Do you think it would be a daring marketing move? Or annoying?
Re: No Sound At All [message #84828 is a reply to message #84827] Mon, 27 March 2017 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bcharlton is currently offline  bcharlton
Viscount
I think it would resonate well with most people. How come no one has ever thought of this? Infact, I always believe that a message is efficiently passed across through images.
Re: No Sound At All [message #84834 is a reply to message #84827] Mon, 27 March 2017 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I think the acting would have to be better than usual. Sometimes I'll wake up with the T.V. on and the sound off, watch a few commercials and think how cheesy the people are acting.

It would kind of freak me out though if, one morning I did this, I turned up the volume and nothing would change. Shocked
Re: No Sound At All [message #84843 is a reply to message #84827] Tue, 28 March 2017 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lily is currently offline  Lily
Chancellor
Whatever the effect would be on people, whether they were annoyed or amused by it, they would certainly remember it because it's different so I guess it would have done its job.
Re: No Sound At All [message #84847 is a reply to message #84827] Wed, 29 March 2017 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vhfspeeks is currently offline  vhfspeeks
Viscount
Most ad firms use sound as the hook to get people looking at the screen for the visuals. Since this means each ad tries to "out-loud" the one before (why the volume seems to go up for commercial breaks) a sudden silence might do more to draw attention than anything else.
Re: No Sound At All [message #84848 is a reply to message #84847] Wed, 29 March 2017 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nouri is currently offline  Nouri
Master
That is a good way to see the inverse in it, vhf. It would be a bold move to make, so only a bold company would be the first one to try out the method.
Re: No Sound At All [message #84870 is a reply to message #84848] Sat, 01 April 2017 15:45 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I have seen so many commercials that the visual message has no relationship to the product. Try turning off the sound and see if the images relate to the product. I usually mute all commercials and it is often difficult to tell what is being advertised until it gets to a logo at the end.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: Installing speakers in the bathroom
Next Topic: Dusty Speakers?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:11:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers