Home » Audio » General » Noise cancelling features
Noise cancelling features [message #84810] Fri, 24 March 2017 11:14 Go to next message
lilbill is currently offline  lilbill
Master
Is it true that if you are looking for earphones/headphones with these features, the cost will most likely go up? I have read reviews before and most people think that this is just another marketing gimmick. Is there such a thing as this?
Re: Noise cancelling features [message #84812 is a reply to message #84810] Fri, 24 March 2017 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Csharp is currently offline  Csharp
Viscount
It isn't just a gimmick, there is a science behind this.

http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/features/b3ef06fca462fcad/

It's bit over my head as to how it works, but it can work very well if you have the right system.
Re: Noise cancelling features [message #84815 is a reply to message #84812] Sat, 25 March 2017 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, My personal experience is that while it works, I don't like it. I bought 3 different NC headphones for use on airplanes. All cut the noise and all colored the sound excessively IMO. I found the best solution was either snug fitting in ear phones of good quality and good fitting fully enclosed over the ear phones. Both maintained the sound quality and also cut the noise level. Now on the plus side if you don't bother with the sound (no audio) the noise cancelling phones did make the trip quieter.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Noise cancelling features [message #84960 is a reply to message #84810] Mon, 10 April 2017 14:34 Go to previous message
bcharlton is currently offline  bcharlton
Viscount
Apart from issues to do with cost, I notice that there's high power usage with the internal components. Again, they don't seem to cancel or block all the noise. Overall, they aren't such a bad idea after all.
Previous Topic: Sound distortion
Next Topic: Austin Audio Society
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:04:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout