Home » Audio » Home Theater » Brand loyalty
Brand loyalty [message #84064] Sun, 11 December 2016 12:43 Go to next message
sawyer25 is currently offline  sawyer25
Master
A few of my friends that I have spoken to, only purchase home theaters of a particular brand. Do you think perception shapes purchasing habits? Of great concern to me would be the wattage.
Re: Brand loyalty [message #84065 is a reply to message #84064] Sun, 11 December 2016 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I think that sometimes brand loyalty makes sense and other times, it doesn't.

When someone has valid, quantifiable reasons to trust a company's products or services, then that's a good reason to have brand loyalty, in my opinion. For example, let's say you buy device(s) from a company and test them yourself (extra points for measuring with calibrated equipment). If you find them to be superior products, then that would give some comfort that the company that made them is a reputable manufacturer. Or maybe you have experience with the service and/or support from a company, so they've earned your trust. Those would be valid reasons for brand loyalty.

Where I don't find brand loyalty to have any merit is when someone thinks a particular brand is a status symbol or they are just following along with what they perceive to be public opinion. If you find yourself doing that, then resist the urge. Blindly following public opinion is not smart. Successful marketers do not require successful engineers. They just require mental manipulation. I can't tell you how much junk there is out there that enjoys good public opinion. Don't be fooled by brand names just 'cause you saw them on TV or some group of people says the brand is "hot." Trust only the facts, which should be validated by testing done by trusted third parties.

Re: Brand loyalty [message #84107 is a reply to message #84064] Wed, 14 December 2016 11:20 Go to previous message
bcharlton is currently offline  bcharlton
Viscount
What an insight Wayne; I think you have basically laid it all out there. Loyalty should never have anything to do with a status symbol. There should be a justifiable reason of sticking to a particular brand.
Previous Topic: Does home theater wattage really matter/
Next Topic: Going wireless
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:42:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout