Home » Audio » Home Theater » Matching your speakers
Matching your speakers [message #83691] Thu, 06 October 2016 15:46 Go to next message
lilbill is currently offline  lilbill
Master
Is it possible that when you mix old and new speakers from completely different manufacturers, there's normally a very big chance that you'll miss out on a high-impact sound experience?
Re: Matching your speakers [message #83739 is a reply to message #83691] Thu, 20 October 2016 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Herz is currently offline  Herz
Baron
I've tried this before because I got some from a friend for a good deal. I don't think it was the best impact but it was good enough for my taste, especially given the cost.
Re: Matching your speakers [message #83916 is a reply to message #83739] Tue, 08 November 2016 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cwemoy is currently offline  cwemoy
Master
You might miss out on the high-impact sound but I think that you will still experience good sound quality. I have always mixed speakers from different manufacturers and the sound quality was fine.
Re: Matching your speakers [message #84133 is a reply to message #83691] Sat, 17 December 2016 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tadtone is currently offline  Tadtone
Baron
No, as long as you upgrade carefully (e.g. upgrading pairs rather than having odd speakers competing) they should be fine. I can't afford to upgrade my system all at once, so I rarely have everything from the same people, but the sound quality is good.
Re: Matching your speakers [message #84135 is a reply to message #84133] Sat, 17 December 2016 11:55 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

It is best to match all the speakers, especially the front mains. The surrounds don't have to be the exact same speakers as the mains, but they should still be similar in spectral balance.

Previous Topic: What to check first
Next Topic: Anamorphic enhanced
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:50:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout