Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » How to ensure there's symmetry in speaker placement.
How to ensure there's symmetry in speaker placement. [message #83366] Wed, 17 August 2016 22:19 Go to next message
lilbill is currently offline  lilbill
Master
I think most people make the mistake of purchasing expensive music equipment and fail to deal with the basics. I have heard that the way you place everything in a room matters a lot and so I was looking into a way in which the speakers can be placed in a way that minimizes distraction of sound. Also, when doing this, do you have to consider the sitting position of the listener?
Re: How to ensure there's symmetry in speaker placement. [message #83543 is a reply to message #83366] Fri, 16 September 2016 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dreamer13 is currently offline  dreamer13
Baron
When it comes to home theater, every placement counts. Even the listener's position, how we must sit with straight backs, is important. If I remember correctly, the speakers are best located at the sides, above, and behind the listener when possible, without aiming right to the ears.
Re: How to ensure there's symmetry in speaker placement. [message #83552 is a reply to message #83543] Tue, 20 September 2016 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
firerain is currently offline  firerain
Chancellor
I think the listener's position is very important. I have been to places where the speakers were placed without much thought; I ended up almost deaf at certain positions. Laughing
Re: How to ensure there's symmetry in speaker placement. [message #83562 is a reply to message #83366] Wed, 21 September 2016 10:22 Go to previous message
moss24 is currently offline  moss24
Viscount
It actually shocks me that people don't give much thought to the sitting position when in fact, it matters in the same way the position of the speakers does.

Basically, the speakers should be laid out in such a way that they play along the length of the room.
Previous Topic: My living room sounds bad
Next Topic: Checking how the acoustics in a room are
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 01:13:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout