Home » Audio » Home Theater » Placing your speakers correctly
Placing your speakers correctly [message #83354] Mon, 15 August 2016 13:08 Go to next message
cwemoy is currently offline  cwemoy
Master
Apparently, there is a 'right' way of placing your speakers so they can sound great. I have come across information that placing the speakers up near the ceiling or tucking them inside a cabinet may not make you get the best sound quality. So I am always wondering what the proper way is?
Re: Placing your speakers correctly [message #83429 is a reply to message #83354] Tue, 30 August 2016 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
voyager1 is currently offline  voyager1
Chancellor
I can only answer this from my perspective, which is "old school." I have two dual woofer towers and a subwoofer, and any one of these would pull the ceiling down if I tried to hang it. Which I would not do, because I like my home theater system to be a visceral as well as aural experience, so the woofers need to be in contact with the floor.
Re: Placing your speakers correctly [message #83469 is a reply to message #83354] Sat, 03 September 2016 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rodial
Chancellor
I place my speakers around ear-level, when seated, to get clear audio. I also avoid placing them close against the wall; leaving some room allows for the sound to travel better.
Re: Placing your speakers correctly [message #83509 is a reply to message #83429] Tue, 06 September 2016 01:22 Go to previous message
cwemoy is currently offline  cwemoy
Master
voyager1 wrote on Tue, 30 August 2016 12:47
I can only answer this from my perspective, which is "old school." I have two dual woofer towers and a subwoofer, and any one of these would pull the ceiling down if I tried to hang it. Which I would not do, because I like my home theater system to be a visceral as well as aural experience, so the woofers need to be in contact with the floor.

My speakers are not so big but is it ever a good idea to hang them on the ceiling however firm the reinforcements may be? They are currently in contact with the floor and they sound really great.
Previous Topic: Pro audio with home audio - problematic?
Next Topic: The Playbar Soundbar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:10:36 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout