Home » Audio » Craftsmen » A complete DIY book
A complete DIY book [message #82765] Wed, 01 June 2016 03:01 Go to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
I clearly recall a book my father had that had almost all DIY procedures and with that, he was able to almost do everything around the house. I lost sight of the book after a few years.

Where can I get such books these days?
Re: A complete DIY book [message #82936 is a reply to message #82765] Sun, 26 June 2016 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Noise is currently offline  The Noise
Master
First thought.......E-Bay. Then Amazon. Then type in "Audio Do It Yourself Books" and see what comes up. Even thrift stores have book sections so you can browse those too.
Re: A complete DIY book [message #82941 is a reply to message #82765] Mon, 27 June 2016 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
moss24 is currently offline  moss24
Viscount
True, you can get these books from Amazon or ebay. I think I also need such a book since most of the time, I have to call someone to handle the simple tasks.
Re: A complete DIY book [message #83302 is a reply to message #82765] Fri, 05 August 2016 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Concorde is currently offline  Concorde
Master
Do it yourself books that are specific to certain trades are easier to find than general, all-around project books. I would go that route before I look for anything general.
Re: A complete DIY book [message #83358 is a reply to message #83302] Tue, 16 August 2016 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
Concorde wrote on Fri, 05 August 2016 09:03
Do it yourself books that are specific to certain trades are easier to find than general, all-around project books. I would go that route before I look for anything general.

I agree. I remember I once saw one that was specifically talking about carpentry. It is easier having many DIY books that are specific rather than one that is general. I will check out Amazon and eBay for leads.
Re: A complete DIY book [message #83423 is a reply to message #82765] Tue, 30 August 2016 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leon is currently offline  Leon
Chancellor
This is interesting. What better than a DIY book to keep someone like me busy in a productive way? If you have found any good leads, Drake, please do keep us posted. Thank you.
Re: A complete DIY book [message #83883 is a reply to message #82765] Fri, 04 November 2016 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ssal is currently offline  Ssal
Viscount
That is a book that I would dearly love to own. If only I could find something complete with every kind of information that I could possibly need to become proficient at DIY.
Re: A complete DIY book [message #84239 is a reply to message #83423] Sun, 01 January 2017 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
Leon wrote on Tue, 30 August 2016 01:58
This is interesting. What better than a DIY book to keep someone like me busy in a productive way? If you have found any good leads, Drake, please do keep us posted. Thank you.

I haven't had any luck so far but it could also be that I haven't been very keen on checking every now and then. I will revert in case I stumble upon something resourceful.
Re: A complete DIY book [message #86147 is a reply to message #82765] Wed, 20 September 2017 06:09 Go to previous message
Frankie is currently offline  Frankie
Chancellor
mamoss wrote on Wed, 01 June 2016 03:01
I clearly recall a book my father had that had almost all DIY procedures and with that, he was able to almost do everything around the house. I lost sight of the book after a few years.

Where can I get such books these days?

Ah, my dad had a book like that too. It was the Reader's Digest one from the 70s. I can't remember exactly what it was called but it was just like "Complete Do-It-Yourself Guide" or something. (No idea why I remember Reader's Digest and not the actual title.) Obviously, some of it would be outdated by now.

I agree with everyone else; Amazon is a great place to look, or even just plain old Google. Your local library probably has some treasures too.

Previous Topic: Buying parts online
Next Topic: Necessary skills
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 13:55:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout