Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » Bathroom acoustic
Bathroom acoustic [message #82393] Sat, 16 April 2016 09:23 Go to next message
Yurimi is currently offline  Yurimi
Viscount
It may sound silly, but it's actually pretty fun to sing and listen to music while we are taking a bath. I usually only listen to songs via phone. Sometimes I think about how fun it would be if I install sound system to bring up the enjoyment level. Which points should I consider if I want to make this dream possible?
Re: Bathroom acoustic [message #82674 is a reply to message #82393] Tue, 24 May 2016 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Csharp is currently offline  Csharp
Viscount
Since bathrooms are not designed with music in mind, they are not a good acoustical fit for music. That's the first point you need to know. But......since that's the case and you only want a system that you can sing over, I would get an average system, go heavy on the bass and sing your heart out.
Re: Bathroom acoustic [message #82697 is a reply to message #82674] Tue, 24 May 2016 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
I believe I would consider some outdoor weather proof speakers and a simple amp with blue tooth. Feed it the signal from another room to minimize possible harm to the equipment. Check out Parts Express on the web for things that can do the above.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Bathroom acoustic [message #83659 is a reply to message #82393] Wed, 05 October 2016 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dreamer13 is currently offline  dreamer13
Baron
If the bathroom is pretty big and you can separate the wet from dry area, can we install cables and connect it to phones or iPods? I guess with the advance of Bluetooth connection nowadays, it's a safer bet.
Re: Bathroom acoustic [message #83706 is a reply to message #82393] Fri, 07 October 2016 18:36 Go to previous message
chatzy02 is currently offline  chatzy02
Baron
I was actually really glad to come across this thread as this is something that I've also been considering, but I always assumed that the steam in the bathroom would damage my equipment.
Previous Topic: Checking how the acoustics in a room are
Next Topic: Does the rack matter?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:42:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout