Home » xyzzy » Tower » minimalistic web browser
minimalistic web browser [message #82296] Tue, 22 March 2016 14:23 Go to next message
JuneBug is currently offline  JuneBug
Chancellor
Hi all.
I recently had reason to suspect that a website I am visiting is churning up data on my hotspot.
I have disabled cookies, and decided to try out Opera mini browser.
I am on an IPad.
Has anyone used this app, or do you know an app that works better.

I recently started playing Sims Freeplay as well. Does anyone know if that uses a lot of data. I previously played it on free wifi, so haven't had a chance to test its data consumption.
Re: minimalistic web browser [message #82302 is a reply to message #82296] Tue, 22 March 2016 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
Any game uses more data than a typical website. The more complex the game is, typically, the more data is used.

And I use Opera as well on my laptop and it seems to be a bit quicker than other browsers.
Re: minimalistic web browser [message #82324 is a reply to message #82296] Thu, 31 March 2016 17:45 Go to previous message
JuneBug is currently offline  JuneBug
Chancellor
The opera app I have has two data saving choices. One is Opera turbo, and the other is Opera mini. Supposedly the Opera mini is supposed to work well with low wifi signal, but it doesn't seem to show any difference in the percentage of data it uses.
Does your laptop have those selections as well? If so, can you tell a marked difference in the two? I think the mini cuts out pictures on websites, but that is all I have noticed.
Previous Topic: Classical Video
Next Topic: A Good Logo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:25:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout