Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Do you sleep to music?
Do you sleep to music? [message #81998] Wed, 10 February 2016 10:55 Go to next message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
I have a lot of trouble sleeping -- falling asleep initially and staying asleep through the night are both issues for me. Someone suggested a sound machine for background noise but I already run fans for that. Another person suggested music. Do you sleep to music? Do you find it helps you sleep better?
Re: Do you sleep to music? [message #81999 is a reply to message #81998] Wed, 10 February 2016 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Finn is currently offline  Finn
Viscount
I too have to sleep with some kind of white noise, so I usually use a fan for this, but sometimes listening to classical music helps me fall asleep faster. It's very relaxing.
Re: Do you sleep to music? [message #84641 is a reply to message #81998] Tue, 28 February 2017 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
It helps me sleep better because it helps dictate the direction my dreams go. Or at least that's the way it seems. I first noticed this when I had this song on a cd shuffle many years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V94pBlA4n7U

I won't go into the dream, but there were people and places I had never seen at that point.........it was interesting.
Re: Do you sleep to music? [message #84642 is a reply to message #81998] Tue, 28 February 2017 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miami is currently offline  Miami
Viscount
Fall asleep to Serenity by Godsmack in your car in the New Mexico desert and you'll never want to do THAT again. Laughing

Seriously....I don't like bad dreams and that gave me bad dreams.
Re: Do you sleep to music? [message #84644 is a reply to message #81998] Wed, 01 March 2017 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
I have had trouble sleeping before and it is not a good experience at all. Nowadays I am good and I now see how applicable this conversation would have been then.
Re: Do you sleep to music? [message #84687 is a reply to message #81998] Tue, 07 March 2017 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chatzy02 is currently offline  chatzy02
Baron
I sleep to personal development programs like Esther Hicks' workshops or Bob Proctor's programs. My favorite is the Born Rich program. I could listen to that over and over for years to come.
Re: Do you sleep to music? [message #84767 is a reply to message #81998] Sun, 12 March 2017 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Flixe
Chancellor
I don't sleep to music every night but when I can't sleep I turn my radio on or listen to a white noise app on my phone. It usually helps. I normally drink a sleepy time blend of tea in conjunction.
Re: Do you sleep to music? [message #84994 is a reply to message #81998] Mon, 17 April 2017 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amber is currently offline  Amber
Baron
I don't sleep to music every night, but at least five days out of the week. Depending on what genre it is on, it usually does make me relax to fall asleep. Anything acoustic or acapella definitely gets the job done.

-Amber
Re: Do you sleep to music? [message #94797 is a reply to message #81998] Fri, 12 November 2021 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zart is currently offline  Zart
Baron
Not always, but I do try some music when I can't fall asleep. Other times I can't sleep with it because the lyrics somehow bother my thoughts. I end up intently listening that I can't fall asleep.
Re: Do you sleep to music? [message #94802 is a reply to message #94797] Sat, 13 November 2021 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
No music, no tv. I can't let the sandman take me away with human voices and music going. I can't disassociate from it. Maybe though I should try the music of Pink Floyd to lull me for an insomnia event. I've always considered their music as sedative rock.
Previous Topic: Favorite duets
Next Topic: Worst streaming experience
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:08:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout