Home » Audio » Radio » Do you still listen to the radio?
Do you still listen to the radio? [message #80468] Fri, 12 September 2014 16:56 Go to next message
Lizard is currently offline  Lizard
Chancellor
Do you still listen to the radio, or do you just listen to songs on your Ipod, MP3 player, etc? What is or was your favorite radio station?
Re: Do you still listen to the radio? [message #80527 is a reply to message #80468] Thu, 18 September 2014 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I listen to the radio all the time. Usually it is when I am in my car, but I also like to listen online at home. I like my local rock station the best; they have some older stuff, like Pink Floyd, but much of their rotation is new music.
Re: Do you still listen to the radio? [message #80532 is a reply to message #80527] Thu, 18 September 2014 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Only Sirris/XM

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Do you still listen to the radio? [message #80534 is a reply to message #80532] Thu, 18 September 2014 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I guess I'm kind of old school. I listen to a lot of radio. But really, just for background music because none of it is any good qualitatively. I listen to FM stations a lot, which are compressed. Online streaming content like Pandora is generally even worse, but I listen to that sometimes too. And in the wee hours of the night, I listen to AM and even shortwave. I love to find the crazy talk shows on late night AM and shortwave.

But when I'm sitting down listening (or I just can't stand the compressed music on the above-mentioned formats), I like to play vinyl or BluRay most of the time. I do that more often, and only listen to the radio when I'm working in the garage running compressors and stuff. All that background noise tends to mask the compression anyway. Laughing

Re: Do you still listen to the radio? [message #81099 is a reply to message #80468] Tue, 10 February 2015 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rockstar is currently offline  Rockstar
Master
I listen to the radio every day. I don't have Sirius radio. I just listen to our local stations. I like all kinds of music. I would say I listen to country more than anything.

Let's chat!
Re: Do you still listen to the radio? [message #81121 is a reply to message #80468] Sat, 14 February 2015 18:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Equinom is currently offline  Equinom
Viscount
I am much more likely to bring along my phone or iPod and use an AUX port to connect and listen to music that way. I rarely listen to the radio anymore.
Re: Do you still listen to the radio? [message #81925 is a reply to message #80468] Sat, 30 January 2016 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lizah is currently offline  Lizah
Master
I still do listen to the radio, but like most, it is mainly in my car. When I am at home I listen to my iPod which has Pandora and Spotify on it. I used to listen to some internet radio stations, but I haven't done that in a while.
Re: Do you still listen to the radio? [message #81973 is a reply to message #80468] Sat, 06 February 2016 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I still listen to radio. I'm old school I guess. I like my talk radio, in particular there is a financial show on the station I like for two hours a day that I tune in for.
Re: Do you still listen to the radio? [message #81997 is a reply to message #80468] Wed, 10 February 2016 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
I listen to radio in the car if my iPod is charging. Otherwise, I'm pretty much streaming Spotify all the time now. I don't have an issue with radio in general but over the last five or ten years, we've lost all our good stations and now all we're left with are a couple that only play top 100 songs all the time. =/
Re: Do you still listen to the radio? [message #82106 is a reply to message #80468] Mon, 22 February 2016 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Airforce 3 is currently offline  Airforce 3
Viscount
I listen to the radio simply because I want to hear what someone else has programmed. If I had enough money to buy two new CD's every week I would probably forget how to use the radio.

I like to be surprised at what I'm going to hear sometimes.
Previous Topic: Perks of Listening Online
Next Topic: Online Radio vs Traditional Radio
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 05:56:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout