Home » Audio » Craftsmen » DIY Diffuser
DIY Diffuser [message #78308] Thu, 07 November 2013 07:41 Go to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
I just read an article explaining the necessity of sound diffusers and how the author created one out of scrap plywood. Do you make your own diffusers? What do you use and what do they look like?
Re: DIY Diffuser [message #78312 is a reply to message #78308] Thu, 07 November 2013 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I use only one at present but there are lots of wall hangings as well. I needed to tame the reflections off a fireplace and exterior wall that had a smooth finish. I made a frame or if you would rather call it a stand for a quilted pad designed for pro audio studios. You can order them from some companies that sell moving supplies. Very heavy weight and thick. It is fastened at the top with curtain rings. Works fine and was cheap. When my system was in another room I used foam blocks mounted on thin wood backing in several locations to reduce side reflections. The foam pieces came in laser toner boxes. The company I worked for then used lots of them. They are the kind that looks like a lot of fingers sticking up.

index.php?t=getfile&id=1337&private=0

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: DIY Diffuser [message #79981 is a reply to message #78308] Sun, 18 May 2014 10:50 Go to previous message
Nisha is currently offline  Nisha
Baron
It seems optimized stepped sound diffusers are the easiest to make, according to some DIY-ers. You just need to know how to use a hammer. See the instructions on this website.
Previous Topic: Laser Harp and Arduina
Next Topic: Affordable Parts Online
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 16:31:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout