Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » In search of reviews...
In search of reviews... [message #10821] Tue, 07 December 2004 13:24 Go to next message
coyote is currently offline  coyote
Esquire
Allow me to post this in this section.
I am looking fo rsome review on a few tube amp.
If any one care ot comment please do !

Audio Note Kit 1
Glasshouse 300EBSi

Any other comparaison would be appreciated.
This will be my first built (with a pair of Audio note Kit02 speakers).
Any comments or advice appreciated.
regards,
a,

Re: In search of reviews... [message #10826 is a reply to message #10821] Thu, 09 December 2004 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DRCope is currently offline  DRCope
Master
Art Dudley reviewed the Kit One a few years back and his AA profile still lists it as being part of his system.

Dick Olsher made the following comments on his web site in November 1995:

"Even after only a brief audition of Audio Note UK's Kit One, I'm ready to declare this single-ended 300B based stereo amp as  the greatest SE amp value on this  planet. The kit retails for $1,200, yet in my estimation it bests amps costing three times as much. Hell, let me be even more emphatic: this baby is competitive with amps costing ten times as  much.

My sample came fully assembled from the US Distributor, (former distrib name excised - currently Audionotekits.com). However, looking over the construction manual, this  project should be a piece of cake for an experienced home constructor.

The Kit One will not win any beauty  contests. But this "Ugly Duckling" can sure sing. The music flows with gusto and  verve. It squeezes instrumental images into incredibly palpable outlines. Soundstage transparency and microdynamics are outstanding. The upper mids, though, lack the sunny disposition of say a 211-based SE design. Harmonic  textures are painted slightly gray in color."

These two gents both know what music and great gear sound like . . . .

Re: In search of reviews...2 [message #10829 is a reply to message #10826] Thu, 09 December 2004 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
Thank you for the reply!
I keep hearing good things about the Kit1
And it might be even better now with the upgraded kit.
Regarding the HiFiCollective Glasshouse it is newer and an interesting design, from two ex-employee of Audio Notes.
I just cannot find anyone to give their impressions on it.

Thanking you again..
regards,
a,

Re: In search of reviews...2 [message #10830 is a reply to message #10829] Thu, 09 December 2004 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DRCope is currently offline  DRCope
Master
My pleasure.

BTW, I assume one of the people you refer to is Andy Grove. He is very much a current Audio Note employee, not a former one.

Re: In search of reviews...2 [message #10843 is a reply to message #10830] Fri, 10 December 2004 11:57 Go to previous message
Esquire
Oups, yes I have been talking ot Andy... I am growing warmer to their 300BSEi, a bit expensive but, interesting. Nicer I think then the Kit1 yet the later has great reviews.

Thank you

Cheers,
a,

Previous Topic: 6eu7 vs 12ax7
Next Topic: Glossary
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 12:20:49 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio