Home » Audio » Home Theater » Discs Skipping
Discs Skipping [message #77887] Mon, 23 September 2013 07:32 Go to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
I've run into issues lately with DVDs and BluRays skipping. They seem to be fine at first but the longer I'm playing movies, the more skipping occurs. It's not always at the same point in the movie either, so I'm wondering if the player can be causing the problem.
Re: Discs Skipping [message #77921 is a reply to message #77887] Thu, 26 September 2013 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
If they aren't skipping in the same spots, I would think it's the player. How old is your player? Can you have the reader cleaned?
Re: Discs Skipping [message #77995 is a reply to message #77921] Tue, 01 October 2013 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I had that occur as well. It was the player. The newer disks used features in ways the earlier Blue Ray player didn't and caused it to freeze on occasion. Also the amount of data being read off the disk was more than the player could handle so it burped and such. A firmware update did not fix the problem. The player was a Samsung and only 2.5 years old. The replacement Sony and my Oppo do just fine all the time.

So see if there is a firmware update and try it, but do not be surprised if it doesn't cure the problem.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Discs Skipping [message #78046 is a reply to message #77887] Mon, 07 October 2013 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LuvMartin is currently offline  LuvMartin
Master
I would think that your player is the problem if it doesn't happen at the same point during the disc. Honestly, I think they purposefully build things to tear up faster than they used to so that we will have to get new stuff!
Re: Discs Skipping [message #78052 is a reply to message #77887] Tue, 08 October 2013 07:22 Go to previous message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
Thanks everyone. I will try the firmware update first. The BluRay player is several years old already, so it may be time for a replacement in any case.
Previous Topic: Television Size for Small Room
Next Topic: Home Theater In A Barn
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 17:02:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout