Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Crackhead got me thinking...
Re: Crackhead got me thinking... [message #10501 is a reply to message #10498] Sun, 28 December 2003 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thermionic is currently offline  Thermionic
Master
Hey, jim denton, you can send me an e-mail at johnvaughn747@hotmail.com for further contact info. I'd be more than happy to assist in any way I possibly can. I'll be gone from the morning of the 29th until the evening of the 30th, though.

Thermionic

Re: This could be good. [message #10502 is a reply to message #10500] Mon, 29 December 2003 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Garland is currently offline  Garland
Grand Master
Hi Wayne,

Check out Angela.com for good stuff to spend all your extra holiday $$ on! Steve at Angela's has a good DIY section w/ schematics and parts lists to make a bunch of reputably good amps, etc.

Happy New Year to you and all my friends (virtual and not)!

Garland

What about an e-magazine? [message #10505 is a reply to message #10487] Mon, 12 January 2004 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
artsybrute is currently offline  artsybrute
Baron
Hey Garland,

I found this site because I could no longer find the Pi Forum. Did a Google for Pi Speakers and then followed the link to the Pi Forum. Then I found this forum. So thanks again, Wayne. Gee, maybe I should burn a hotkey on my keyboard for thanking Wayne.

Also giving credit where credit is due, Doc has always policed his forum well, dropping the nasty threads. And I owe him big time for getting me involved in this hobby and for being such a gentleman. I mention this to explain why it may be difficult to get guys like Paul Joppa to do a lot of posting here when the topic is tube audio, as they have loyalty to Doc and to keeping his forum going. I'd guess the same would apply to Mikey at Magnequest, maybe even Tony Glynn. Has anyone approached Doc to move his forum here?

Anyway, if anyone is interested in administering it, I think there is a huge void for a non-partisan, tube-vinyl-digital-speaker-whatever project e-publication, like an expanded Valve (which Doc just mentioned took too much of Brad's time). Sound Practices, GA, Listener, and all the good stuff mags are pretty much history. I'm sure it's a big job, especially as volunteer, but imagine the ideas that could come out of it!

Glad to be here. I just bookmarked this forum.

Len

Re: This could be good. [message #10930 is a reply to message #10499] Tue, 25 January 2005 05:47 Go to previous message
DRCope is currently offline  DRCope
Master
Billfort,

I'm possibly going to build a WE91/2A3 amp from a friend's plan (currently in the mulling over stage), and would love to hear your impressions of your Angela 91/300B amp. What prompted the change to the 6SN7, and what changes did you hear as a result?

This new amp will drive a pair of Audio Note LX Signatures - 98dB efficiency, silver voice coils, external xo's consisting mainly of copper foil caps - about 20lbs worth!

Previous Topic: replacement tubes/tweaking
Next Topic: Mastersound vs. BAT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:31:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout