Home » Audio » Home Theater » Home Theater Equipment Reviews (Do you trust them?)
Home Theater Equipment Reviews [message #76618] Fri, 03 May 2013 13:45 Go to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
When you're shopping for new home theater equipment, do you put any stock into the reviews? I'm familiar with a few brands - Bose, Sony, Panasonic, etc., but when it comes to unknown brands, I really don't have anything else to go on.
Re: Home Theater Equipment Reviews [message #76811 is a reply to message #76618] Mon, 20 May 2013 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
I put limited trust in reviews. They can be helpful, but I also have to keep in mind that people are paid to write favorable reviews, so they are not always reliable.
Re: Home Theater Equipment Reviews [message #77368 is a reply to message #76618] Wed, 31 July 2013 15:27 Go to previous message
Turtle is currently offline  Turtle
Esquire
Making sense of reviews can be really tough. It has gotten to the point to where everything is rated, reviewed, liked, and so on. It can be hard to decipher the intent behind any given review. Some reviews read like a testimonial, and some seem as if they are written by a competitor.

When sifting through reviews my goal is to determine what, if any, equipment issues may arise based on the experience of others. I have found that when you find a consistent theme, then there is most likely an issue. If you start to see a very redundant complaint it is almost always something you should consider before buying.
Previous Topic: Wall Mount or Stand
Next Topic: Fiber optic cables.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 16:04:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout