Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Stoetkit ECL82
Stoetkit ECL82 [message #10087] Tue, 14 October 2008 16:50 Go to next message
tubejunkie is currently offline  tubejunkie
Esquire
Does anyone know where I can find a source for the amp kit mentioned here?

Re: Stoetkit ECL82 [message #10088 is a reply to message #10087] Tue, 14 October 2008 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That was my amplifier, and I got it from Frank Stuppel who has unfortunately passed away since then. He was a really nice guy and brought together a group buy for those amps. I think they're still available directly from the manufacturer.

I built that amplifier from the kit and wrote-up the assembly process in the link below. I'm still running that amp and driving those speakers, by the way. I've upgraded the tweeters in the speakers, but other than that, it's the same system I built back then. I've used it regularly, several hours a day and it sounds great and hasn't every needed any service.

Re: Stoetkit ECL82 [message #10091 is a reply to message #10088] Sat, 01 November 2008 18:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aki is currently offline  Aki
Baron
Wayne, I wish I found that write-up earlier!

It's an excellent read for any DIYer even if you aren't looking to build a Stoekit.

Re: Stoetkit ECL82 [message #10092 is a reply to message #10091] Mon, 03 November 2008 11:45 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I really like my little Stoetkit. Makes a very nice bedroom system. In its price range, I don't think there's a better tube amp kit. It looks good and sounds good. The only downside is they're tough to get a hold of.

Previous Topic: Intergrated Amp
Next Topic: why do different tubes sound different?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:40:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio