Home » xyzzy » Tower » I hate paint
I hate paint [message #73221] Fri, 06 July 2012 18:20 Go to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi everyone. I am now on my second try on the second plinth to get the paint perfect. Super gloss black is not an easy thing. Worse, if you didn't like the first try, it is really tough to get lacquer off. My sander and my sanding arm are both rather tired. Confused Now I'm back to the just primed stage.

The earlier one that I just undid was really not all that bad... my spouse thought it was metal because it was so shiny. Smile I however saw some flaws and would not be able to live with them forever.

The TT actually sounded quite nice with the Dual 701 motor assembly, Rega 101 arm and an OM5E. So good that I ordered the LPGear OM30 upgraded stylus for it. Now I only will have three active turntables (two more in the shed). Rolling Eyes

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: I hate paint [message #73276 is a reply to message #73221] Fri, 13 July 2012 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Equinom is currently offline  Equinom
Viscount
I hate paint too! We are currently remodeling our upstairs bathroom. It took us forever to pick out a paint that we both could agree on. And now, we made a few "boo-boos"! What a pain in the butt, we should have just hired someone to do it for us.
Re: I hate paint [message #73283 is a reply to message #73276] Sat, 14 July 2012 16:33 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I'm getting ready to refinish the cabinets in the house. Oh joy. Then the whole inside of the house needs to be painted. More joy. Anyhow the 4th try at getting a super smooth paint job on the TT base is fairly good. A few more days of drying and I'll try some mild polish on it followed by wax. It now has two coats of sand-able primer, three coats of gloss black lacquer and one clear coat on top.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: TV in kid's room what are your thoughts?
Next Topic: Ransom Ware
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 20:58:49 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout