Home » Audio » Craftsmen » Wires up the wall - looking good
Wires up the wall - looking good [message #70470] Fri, 16 December 2011 16:44 Go to next message
LoveJB is currently offline  LoveJB
Master
We are adding speakers in one room (ceiling) and a ceiling fan in another room. We don't want to tear apart the walls so we are using a rubber like casing up the wall to hide the wires. So far it's looking good. My daughter wants to paint the one in her room. I wonder if it will hold the paint?
Re: Wires up the wall - looking good [message #70478 is a reply to message #70470] Fri, 16 December 2011 18:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Let us know how that works out. Pics too, if possible.

Re: Wires up the wall - looking good [message #70501 is a reply to message #70478] Sun, 18 December 2011 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I haven't seen the rubber things, but there are various versions of plastic and metal surface mount "conduit" available. They are paintable. They have all sorts of angles, corners and fittings to suit most uses. You may wish to check them out if you aren't too far along.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Wires up the wall - looking good [message #70575 is a reply to message #70501] Thu, 22 December 2011 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FloydV is currently offline  FloydV
Master
This beats trying to run wires inside the wall. A lot of building codes require fire breaks in between studs. These are just 2 x 4s, but good luck getting through one if you are dropping wire down between two studs.

Where's a good place to buy these wire conduits?

Floyd

He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. -- Albert Einstein
Re: Wires up the wall - looking good [message #70577 is a reply to message #70575] Thu, 22 December 2011 19:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Home Depot and Lowes locally have them.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Wires up the wall - looking good [message #71129 is a reply to message #70470] Mon, 30 January 2012 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spinright is currently offline  spinright
Chancellor
Sounds rad! Please do post pictures when it's done, it would be great to be able to see how the finished project looks. My wires are all over the place. Crying or Very Sad
Re: Wires up the wall - looking good [message #71146 is a reply to message #70577] Mon, 30 January 2012 17:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Yes do post some pics. I want to see how to do mine.

Floyd

He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. -- Albert Einstein
Re: Wires up the wall - looking good [message #74986 is a reply to message #70470] Mon, 17 December 2012 17:59 Go to previous message
Master
I'm replying again because I recently moved into a house we had built. I had to do a lot of drilling and stapling, but I got all the cabling in. HDMI, RCA, and speakers for a 7.4 system before the drywall went up. Also special lighting for behind the screen and over the reliners. The .4 was to accommodate the 4 subs that Wayne P. recommends.

It only took 40 years to do it right, but it looks really clean.

Floyd

Previous Topic: DIY Car Stereos: Worth the Effort?
Next Topic: Making printed circuit boards
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 16:08:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout