Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » needing to find a reliable source for tubes
needing to find a reliable source for tubes [message #9331] Thu, 10 November 2005 00:05 Go to next message
DanTheMan is currently offline  DanTheMan
Viscount
What are a few good websites that I can use to buy tubes? I need to find a 12AY7 and 12AX7(easy) and EL82(easy again). I just want to know what is a good site to find all of these tubes so that I only have to pay 1 shipping charge and it's a reliable business. I would also like to have a good selection of each. Also, does anyone have any recomendations for brands--I have a Fender blues Jr. and a Maxxon ROD 881. I like playing all sorts of music. This may be the wrong forum for the later half of this post, but any input would be great. Thanks a lot in advance,
Dan

Re: needing to find a reliable source for tubes [message #9332 is a reply to message #9331] Thu, 10 November 2005 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Well, good, "standard" US source is "Antique Electronic Supply", see the link. I have luck with European/Belgium "Halfin" on-line shop:
http://www.halfin.com/shop/
Of course, there`re some ART sponsors, see the list.
Re: needing to find a reliable source for tubes [message #9333 is a reply to message #9332] Thu, 10 November 2005 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Give Aki at BOI Audioworks a call.

Re: needing to find a reliable source for tubes [message #9334 is a reply to message #9333] Thu, 10 November 2005 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I deal with Radio Electric Supply in Florida. They have always treated me quite well, and their inventory is quite expansive.
cheers,
Douglas

Almost forgot... [message #9335 is a reply to message #9332] Sat, 12 November 2005 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
For you, boys from Ohio, local guy - Lawrence Puljic, he sells old records and tubes, E-mail:
LPSOUND@webtv.net

just wanted to say thanks all---no text [message #9341 is a reply to message #9334] Fri, 18 November 2005 20:13 Go to previous message
DanTheMan is currently offline  DanTheMan
Viscount
nt

Previous Topic: Mylar cap polarity - Help
Next Topic: Worth my while?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:12:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio