Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » out of my way Flanders! I've got a class to teach!
out of my way Flanders! I've got a class to teach! [message #9282] Sun, 16 October 2005 04:57 Go to next message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hey-Hey!!!,
I am putting together a few classes on amplifier design. Starting with a linestage project and analysis. I plan to use Gunievere as the example and project...simple, high-performance and a small departure from the easiest, the VTV 6SN7 with its resistive loads.

What are the points that I need tu be sure of covering and which one(s) ought to be done at the beginning? I know I can get there, but I need some bang for the buck( or in this case: time spent in class ).
regards,
Douglas

Re: out of my way Flanders! I've got a class to teach! [message #9283 is a reply to message #9282] Sun, 16 October 2005 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Where will you be teaching? Any chance you would come to GPAF next May and do a seminar?

Re: out of my way Flanders! I've got a class to teach! [message #9284 is a reply to message #9283] Sun, 16 October 2005 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
The audio club I am a member of is fairly thin on tube guys. No shortage of enthusiasm for their performance. Likely also a bit of sticker shock whilst shopping. I know I could not afford to buy what I am building...

So, I am preparing some notes for our newsletter. I am looking for a pull back the curtain level of stuff, and show how easy it is to get out and create. Then on to a face to face project discussion and execution.

Probably going to have some PCB made of the CCS to support the project. I ran into a chap who is getting in on the Merlin E-Linear OPTx buy and he has a source that charges by area.

As the new guy, I don't have too much vacation available, but I would really like to take you up on the offer. I ought to be able to get a decent presentation together by then if I can put my soldering Iron down for long enough. As far as scheduling goes, I'll warn Jonathan off that weekend for the Mill Tasting.
cheers,
Douglas

Re: out of my way Flanders! I've got a class to teach! [message #9285 is a reply to message #9284] Sun, 16 October 2005 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Sounds great, I'll look forward to it!

Re: out of my way Flanders! I've got a class to teach! [message #9288 is a reply to message #9282] Sun, 16 October 2005 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I`d start with alternate/direct current, and Ohm`s and Kirchoff`s Laws. I noticed that many DIY-ers don`t understand fully rms, peak, peak-to-peak, AC "superimposed" on DC, AC input/output on tube stages, computing the anode and cathode resistors, etc.

Re: out of my way Flanders! I've got a class to teach! [message #9289 is a reply to message #9288] Sun, 16 October 2005 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
You guys need to find a way to make these calculations simple and approach them step-by-step and not too much at one time. Model a calculation for a cathode resistor and walk it through in a simple systematic manner. Then build on those steps up to a goal of say a simple driver stage; you know break it down into circuits that can eventually be combined to create a useable circuit.

Re: out of my way Flanders! I've got a class to teach! [message #9290 is a reply to message #9289] Sun, 16 October 2005 13:54 Go to previous message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I hope that I`ll find a willpower/time to write 300B amp/Part 4 - it deals with resistors and capacitors values. Stay tuned...

Previous Topic: Say Douglas
Next Topic: No more Riken resistors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:53:41 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout