Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Tube Tone Control, Help!
Tube Tone Control, Help! [message #8975] Wed, 18 May 2005 09:05 Go to next message
Edward is currently offline  Edward
Esquire
Hello,
Hope someone can help me I found this interesting valve circuit to build but I'm not sure how many amps/watts it would need to run successfully? How would I work this out? I have added a link to the page so you can have look at it.
Thanks heaps.

Re: Tube Tone Control, Help! [message #8976 is a reply to message #8975] Thu, 19 May 2005 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kane is currently offline  Kane
Chancellor
Please i mean no insult but i think tone controls are not good. Midfi only has it.

Re: Tube Tone Control, Help! [message #8977 is a reply to message #8975] Thu, 19 May 2005 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
paba is currently offline  paba
Chancellor
Hi,

I think you should read this excellent article on tone controls, some circuit examples included as well.

http://tinyurl.com/ao5yw

cheers
Paba

Re: Tube Tone Control, Help! [message #8987 is a reply to message #8977] Thu, 26 May 2005 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Edward is currently offline  Edward
Esquire
Thanks that was a great help

Re: Tube Tone Control, Help! [message #8988 is a reply to message #8987] Fri, 27 May 2005 19:40 Go to previous message
paba is currently offline  paba
Chancellor
I enjoyed reading it too, I haven't implemented any of them. For too long I have been in the no tone controls camp, but after reading this I have to rethink some of this.

If you implement any of the article circuits please report back.
cheers
Paba

Previous Topic: Ping Wayne: Paramour noise reduction?
Next Topic: Cathode drive
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 18 13:49:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout