Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Wright Sound WPL20
Wright Sound WPL20 [message #8095] Mon, 16 February 2004 11:51 Go to next message
Seeker is currently offline  Seeker
Baron
Does anyone have experience with the Wright Sound WPL20 preamp? I would be very interested in reading what you have to say.

Re: Wright Sound WPL20 [message #8096 is a reply to message #8095] Thu, 19 February 2004 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently online  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
What have you heard about Wright Sound? Know a URL for them?

Re: Wright Sound WPL20 [message #8105 is a reply to message #8096] Sun, 22 February 2004 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Hi Wayne, I don't know much about the products except that I have never read anything negative about them, only very positive comments. Mr. Wright did the design for the 4play Bottlehead preamp. I have a 4play and it sounds nice, but I beleive I could do better. I've read Wright Sound premaps are much clearer and are very linear; so, I'm looking for a little feedback from fellow audio nuts about their preamp products.

http://www.wright-sound.com/

Re: Wright Sound WPL20 [message #8108 is a reply to message #8105] Sun, 22 February 2004 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I see. Interesting. I thought Paul Joppa designed all of the Bottlehead stuff. Maybe he was just responsible for the Paramour?

Thanks for the link to Wright Sound. Looks good.

Re: Wright Sound WPL20 [message #8109 is a reply to message #8108] Sun, 22 February 2004 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Off of the Bottlehead website:

skill level 1

As soon as we finished designing the original S.E.X. (Single Ended eXperimenter's) amp kit, we knew we needed a line stage preamp to go before it. What else could you call this kit but Foreplay?

Inspired by a design from George Wright, The $149 Foreplay is a line stage with dual mono volume controls, three pairs of inputs and a single pair of outputs."

Maybe I took this too literally, but Doc seems to gives credit to Mr. Wright.

Re: Wright Sound WPL20 [message #8110 is a reply to message #8109] Sun, 22 February 2004 21:38 Go to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
It sounds like it to me too. Seems like I heard Paul Joppa was involved with design at Bottlehead, and I assumed that meant he was doing all the design work. But maybe not.

Previous Topic: audioreserach vs 110 sp 16
Next Topic: Preamp Kit recommendations
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 14:51:21 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout