Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Guitar Amp (All octal design)
Guitar Amp [message #62093] Mon, 15 March 2010 13:41 Go to next message
pumphandle is currently offline  pumphandle
Esquire

Hi everone - I'm looking for a schematic circuit for a guitar amp using 4 x 6V6's and 6SL7's . Can anyone help - Stuart
Re: Guitar Amp [message #62123 is a reply to message #62093] Wed, 17 March 2010 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thermionic is currently offline  Thermionic
Master
Hi pumphandle,

Is there a particular type of sound you're wanting to achieve? Do you want a distorted amplifier, a clean amplifier, or an amp that's clean at low amp volume or guitar volume knob settings but more distorted as you turn it up?

What type of EQ tonality would you like, a vintage Marshall type of tonality, or blackface Fender, tweed Fender, vintage Vox, vintage Mesa Boogie, etc?

What type of EQ controls? Just a single tone knob, bass and treble, or bass, mid, and treble?

I presume that because you're wanting to use octal preamp tubes and 6V6s, you're probably looking for a very smooth, rich clean sound, perhaps with a mild, fluid-sounding distortion when cranked up? Let me know, and I'll see what I can come up with.

Thermionic
Re: Guitar Amp [message #62196 is a reply to message #62123] Fri, 26 March 2010 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pumphandle is currently offline  pumphandle
Esquire

Hi Thermionic did you receive my reply to your questions- regards -Pumphandle
Re: Guitar Amp [message #62197 is a reply to message #62196] Fri, 26 March 2010 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thermionic is currently offline  Thermionic
Master
Hi pumphandle,

I'm sorry, I didn't receive your reply message. Try this e-mail address:

jev3@suddenlink.net

Thermionic
Re: Guitar Amp [message #69144 is a reply to message #62197] Tue, 23 August 2011 15:38 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, This is a fairly old thread, but did you ever find the circuit you wanted? The reason I ask is that I am now in the process of designing a family of guitar amps and they are expected to range from a pair of 6V6 to a quad of 6L6GC. Let me know if you are still interested.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: New "Tube" Books by "Elektor"
Next Topic: Valve Phono Preamp
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:50:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers