Home » xyzzy » Tower » Romeo and Juliet
Romeo and Juliet [message #55590] Wed, 07 February 2007 22:06 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Bill Epstein sent this link, and I thought it should be placed here. It's interesting to think what happened.

Prehistoric lovers found locked in eternal embrace

I remember seeing photos of remains in Pompeii, some were women with children and you could see they were trying to protect their children from the volcano, so they died embracing them. I wonder if this was something similar, where the couple knew they were dying and so held each other until the end. Now that I think about it, that must be the case. Romantic in a creepy kind of way.

Re: Romeo and Juliet [message #55591 is a reply to message #55590] Tue, 13 February 2007 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Melissa is currently offline  Melissa
Viscount
I don't think its creepy, I think I could cry, is there any other way to want to go?

Re: Romeo and Juliet [message #55592 is a reply to message #55591] Tue, 13 February 2007 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

It's just that they're skeletons.

Re: Romeo and Juliet [message #63835 is a reply to message #55592] Wed, 11 August 2010 09:50 Go to previous message
Songs4Life is currently offline  Songs4Life
Baron
So they are. Yes, they are just skeletal remains now but just imagine the last few seconds of their lives. The peace and pain of knowing that they were together all the way till death do them part.
Previous Topic: The Glorious Sounds of Nature
Next Topic: Required reading for all US corporate executives and politicians
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:14:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout