Home » xyzzy » Tower » JonBenét Ramsey
Re: Yea, what's up with that? [message #55508 is a reply to message #55507] Sun, 20 August 2006 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I think it's more complicated than pimping out your daughter.

I have two girls. When they were 5 and 7 years old or so they loved to play dress-up. We lived across the street from a working actress and the girls would play at her house, getting made-up to beat the band, playing with her clothes and jewlery and the actress lady taking pictures of them vamping around. My girls loved it and remember it fondly to this day.

It certainly gets a bit more complicated than playing at a neighbor's house when it gets to the JonBenet level, but I doubt it's substantially different from the kid's perspective. What looks just wicked creepy though an adult male's eyes is more a reflection of the man's deamons than the parent's abuse of the girl's innocence.

Re: Yea, what's up with that? [message #55510 is a reply to message #55508] Sun, 20 August 2006 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Another aspect. The beauty pageant thing is a little stranger than performance recognition. There they have a talent and that should be nurtured. As far as pimping out the daughter; how do you figure that? They never see any of that money, it goes into a trust fund for the kid. Thats the point. Can you say twenty years later that hey; sweetie; you could have been going to Yale and had your house paid for but we didn't think it was right to let people take your picture?
In the Ramsey case it probably wasn't that they were looking out for the financial welfare of the girl; I am not a pschycologist but it certainly looked like the wife had aspirations of her own. Still if the child has a chance at a nice bankroll to help them through life...

Re: Yea, what's up with that? [message #55513 is a reply to message #55510] Sun, 20 August 2006 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
The reference to "pimping" was in response to John's comment about "Yo, perverts, over here".

As far as the monetary aspect, that may be a benefit for the lucky but I can't accept that it's the motivation of the many. "Isn't my precious baby the most beautiful girl in the world" is most probably the the single thought driving most of the beauty pagent circuit.

I think this movie is much closer to the reality than the pursuit of monetary gain.

Re: Yea, what's up with that? [message #55516 is a reply to message #55513] Sun, 20 August 2006 13:56 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I can't disagree there; I see how people behave around their kids and sports. Thats all you need to see to know exactly how it is around those pageants. I'm sure there are plenty of kooks living life through their kids success. I actually am just wondering out loud here how I would handle such a situation if my kid had those opportunities? Tough call.

Previous Topic: Something Has Occurred To Me
Next Topic: Any openminded opinions regarding where the economy is going?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 08:27:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio